• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry P3 oct/nov 2013 Discussion

Reaction score
Fix questions:
1. Ion test which will be getting harder this time and as far as i guess the pattern may be different for ion test.......
2. There are more possibilities for rate of reaction since enthalpy change are coming almost everytime these days....
3. Organic Chemistry....
#These are just guesses. Don't leave other topics... thank you.

Reaction score
Burette reading:
For a burette of 50 cm^2, we can measure easily for 0.10 cm^3, 0.20 cm^3 and so on write. But what if the miniscus comes between 0.10 and 0.20. So we can estimate that the measurement is 0.15 cm*3. Since we can measure volume upto 2 decimal place, we always write burette reading upto 2 dp.

Reaction score
Well apparently the problem is all those who were good enough to get the apparatus and all got through in May/June and now for Oct/Nov we are left with all those who relied on other people(no offence to all but it includes me too) so basically to sum up We Are in a Deep Shit and in other or rather formal words 'We are on our practice abilities to get through'

Yeah thats that!
but its my tou first time :( :p

Reaction score
any one tell me the borax crystals question appered in which years paper? im stuck at calculations

Reaction score
how is there organic chemistry in the practical? which type of question are you talking about Pradeep Adhikari

Reaction score
how is there organic chemistry in the practical? which type of question are you talking about Pradeep Adhikari
Yes, there is. We check whether the solution is alcohol or aldehyde or ketone. We use reagents like potassium dichromate, tollen's reagent/Fehling's solution and 2,4-DNPH.
See Pastpaper: 2010 May june 33