• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry P1 and P2 today

Reaction score
I heard somewhere that if you get 160 marks or so, you can get regional distinction.

It doesn't work that way. You get distinction for getting the highest marks (or second highest marks) in the world, in the country or in your city.

Reaction score
They have set grade thresholds beforehand according to the difficulty so I heard it's 160 marks this time

Reaction score
They have set grade thresholds beforehand according to the difficulty so I heard it's 160 marks this time
o_O
The thresholds are set after the papers are checked depending on how the candidates performed. And the distinction is set according to the highest marks, it could be 100%, 96% or even 92%.

Reaction score
Nope it's beforehand. 160 marks is for IGCSE this time so GCE is probably around 162-165
o_O
The thresholds are set after the papers are checked depending on how the candidates performed. And the distinction is set according to the highest marks, it could be 100%, 96% or even 92%.