• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

chemistry p-3 variant 2 finished :D!!!!

Reaction score
to get ammonia from ethylammonium chloride, you would need to add sodium hydroxide, and aluminium powder (catalyst), heating only wouldn't work lol.

Reaction score
i said you heat it up. cause it's like testing for ammonia ions right?
for example if it's ammonium chloride, like the edfsdflamine thing ok whatever it is...
when you heat it up, it produces ammonia gas.
this ehhdfuhlamine chloride, same thing. heat it up, you get the ehusdhfshlamine.
omg forgot the compound's name -_-
u know what i cant remember what i wrote ohhh okay i remembered omg actually i wrote something stupid i wrote add silver then silver chloeide will be formed (which is insoluble ) then filter it the filtrate will be the compound whatever the name was n the residue will be the silverchloride
i dont think it is right btw :) :) hahaha

Reaction score
u know what i cant remember what i wrote ohhh okay i remembered omg actually i wrote something stupid i wrote add silver then silver chloeide will be formed (which is insoluble ) then filter it the filtrate will be the compound whatever the name was n the residue will be the silverchloride
i dont think it is right btw :) :) hahaha
i think you have to treat it the same way as an ammonium salt :) cause they said it's the same.

Reaction score
to get ammonia from ethylammonium chloride, you would need to add sodium hydroxide, and aluminium powder (catalyst), heating only wouldn't work lol.
they didnt want us to get ammonia out they wanted to get ehylsomething (the compund) !!!!

Reaction score
how sure are you that aluminium powder can be used as a catalyst? aluminium powder is for nitrate ions. if you did that, there would not be a reaction cause that is a test for cations and it is a chloride -_-

Reaction score
how sure are you that aluminium powder can be used as a catalyst? aluminium powder is for nitrate ions. if you did that, there would not be a reaction cause that is a test for cations and it is a chloride -_-

No, aluminium powder is a catalyst for the reaction between sodium hydroxide and ammonium compounds, i read it in 2 different textbooks, so I guess it's authentic lol.

Reaction score
they didnt want us to get ammonia out they wanted to get ehylsomething (the compund) !!!!
I know, that's why I didn't write that, i was just replying to the person who said 'heat'. I wrote add magnesium, magnesium, I guess, should displace ethylamine. Anyway, my answer was just a guess, I wasn't certain of anything.

Reaction score
I know, that's why I didn't write that, i was just replying to the person who said 'heat'. I wrote add magnesium, magnesium, I guess, should displace ethylamine. Anyway, my answer was just a guess, I wasn't certain of anything.
yes....