• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry MCQ thread...

Reaction score
maybeitwasnoone said:
Zishi said:

Is it C? I reckon that no option is correct, but I'd go with C. :unknown:

C? How about the concentration of BiOCl?
BiOCl is a solid, so won't be included in Kp OR Kc expression.

Reaction score
hassam said:
its a straightt forward question...remember ur Kc expression will not include water and BiOcL3

You didn't answer the previous questions you asked? Does this means that our answers were correct?

Reaction score
hassam said:
Use of the Data Booklet is relevant to this question.
The bond energy of the C–H bond (438 kJ mol–1) in CH4 is typically stronger than most other
aliphatic C–H bonds. This has an effect on the first step of the propagation stage of the
reaction between CH4 and the halogen.
CH4 + X• → •CH3 + HX where X = F, Cl, Br or I
On the basis of bond energies, which statement about the reaction between CH4 and the
halogen is incorrect?
A Bromine and iodine essentially do not react with methane.
B Fluorine is so reactive that neither UV light or heat is needed.
C The order of halogen reactivity is due to the decreasing strength of the HX bond.
D The ΔH for the first propagation step is more endothermic for the chlorination of C2H6.
i guess its D, ethane is more compact so the energy will be less endothermic, am i right?

Reaction score
xHazeMx said:
hassam said:
The bond energy of the C–H bond (438 kJ mol–1) in CH4 is typically stronger than most other
aliphatic C–H bonds. This has an effect on the first step of the propagation stage of the
On the basis of bond energies, which statement about the reaction between CH4 and the
halogen is incorrect?
C The order of halogen reactivity is due to the decreasing strength of the HX bond.
D The ΔH for the first propagation step is more endothermic for the chlorination of C2H6.
i guess its D, ethane is more compact so the energy will be less endothermic, am i right?
u r ryt..bt i dont understand...y its D

Reaction score
hassam said:
xHazeMx said:
hassam said:
halogen is incorrect?
u r ryt..bt i dont understand...y its D
bromine and chlorine dont react with CH4 under normal conditions, D is correct because in both cases one CH bond is broken so the energy is the same.
that question about Kc,is A correct ?

Reaction score
@zishi: u mean to say that in Kc we take only compounds in aqueous phase and in Kp only gaseous compounds are taken.....right??

Reaction score
MHHaider707 said:
@zishi: u mean to say that in Kc we take only compounds in aqueous phase and in Kp only gaseous compounds are taken.....right??

No. We only don't include solids in Kc. I'd say that question is wrong in that case. But as all the options didn't include water that's why, then, answer should be C. :Search:

Reaction score
Zishi said:
MHHaider707 said:

No. We only don't include solids in Kc. I'd say that question is wrong in that case. But as all the options didn't include water that's why, then, answer should be C. :Search:
if BiOCl3 and water are not included then the answer should be A , right ? :%)

Reaction score
xHazeMx said:
Zishi said:
MHHaider707 said:

if BiOCl3 and water are not included then the answer should be A , right ? :%)
Nope, answer should be C. I guess you didn't divide moles by the volume to get concentration, as in Kc, we take concentrations.

Reaction score
Zishi said:
Nope, answer should be C. I guess you didn't divide moles by the volume to get concentration, as in Kc, we take concentrations.
lol i really should go sleep by now :D

Reaction score
how would we solve that?

Which element is likely to have an electronegativity similar to that of aluminium?
A barium
B beryllium
C magnesium
D strontium

Reaction score
girlscampisra said:
Magnessium because they are same period, maybe!
its beryillium. the listed choices are all from group 2. so the one on the top has the highest charge density as it has the least ionic/atomic radii. so the answer is Beryillium.