• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

chemistry help......

Reaction score
Energy is released whenever a covalent bond is formed. Because energy is being lost from the system, it becomes more stable after every covalent bond is made.
cn anybody help me in understanding this sentence.... i mean why loss of energy makes the system more stable

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
which chapter..??I think it's from chemical energetics..is it??then i better nt answer cuz they'll be vague since havent done that chapter !! :)

Reaction score
imagine a baloon full of worms....if you provide it with heat they will wigil about more fastly so you can say thay are more energetic and less stable and can burst the baloon...but if you cool them down thaey wont move about so fast...no baloon rupturing and mire stable state...like wise atoms move about vigorously so they come together so they can be in a more stable state where they don't vibrate vigorously and energy is releed... the world is moving to entropy...always....this was an explanantion for understanding ..cambridge will never ask for it