• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry 9701 7th may ?

Reaction score
I lost a lot of marks in this paper x_x how is the threshold so low every year? Chemistry is harder than both bio and physics and yet the grade threshold of the latter two is always considerable lower :eek:

Reaction score
I lost a lot of marks in this paper x_x how is the threshold so low every year? Chemistry is harder than both bio and physics and yet the grade threshold of the latter two is always considerable lower :eek:
Chemistry AS is difficult to learn than physics (don't know about biology), but the theory paper is considerably easier as the questions are similar each year. Physics, on the other hand, has some questions that require great thought and to add to that lesser time is available.

Reaction score
Chemistry AS is difficult to learn than physics (don't know about biology), but the theory paper is considerably easier as the questions are similar each year. Physics, on the other hand, has some questions that require great thought and to add to that lesser time is available.
I beg to differ. The questions in chem were different..physics was more or less the same. I mean A at about 50/60? :eek: plus physics has one line answers...in Chem if we misunderstand the question we can risk a great deal of marks

Reaction score
I beg to differ. The questions in chem were different..physics was more or less the same. I mean A at about 50/60? :eek: plus physics has one line answers...in Chem if we misunderstand the question we can risk a great deal of marks
I'n not talking about this session but as a whole. This year chemistry threshold will be lower and physics will be higher than average. The past organic questions are similar every year, though not this time. I also think the difference is too large. It also depends on what you are good at though.