• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry 43!!! How was it?!!

Reaction score
That's what I thought, they also said that this would react with 2,4-dnph, so it could be carbonyl, but ketone can't oxidize further, narrowing down the results, it could be aldehyde group.
Check out my post, just edited it sorry. The two Ketones from the -CH=CH-CO-CH2-CO-CH=CH- will react with 2,4-dnph.

Reaction score
The two double bonds at the interconnection between the two aryl groups and the middle portion, i.e. from aryl-CH=CH-CO-CH2-CO-CH=CH-aryl would be broken to be oxidised to both carboxylic acids ..

Reaction score
in the very last applications question regarding polymers and they asked you to say what TYPE OF REACTION produced the polymer, would the correct answer have been condensation or elimination?

Reaction score
in the very last applications question regarding polymers and they asked you to say what TYPE OF REACTION produced the polymer, would the correct answer have been condensation or elimination?
I believe we should either write addition or condensation polymerisation.. :p

Reaction score
This is the compound that I roughly drawn,
i remember that the paper said that der wer 20 carbon and only 6 hydrogen..andi think the name war some curmeric or somethin..i jus left it as i didn have time to think about it..

Reaction score
I find that May June is more about memorizing, I guess memorizing is difficult? but for me I'm more okay with memorizing.

NOTE: I found something suspicious, the MJ 41/2011 paper is similar to what OCT NOV paper set.
and u got any idea for physics..i am freakin out

Reaction score
i remember that the paper said that der wer 20 carbon and only 6 hydrogen..andi think the name war some curmeric or somethin..i jus left it as i didn have time to think about it..
I think the answer is pretty clear based on the wikipedia link above... :)

Reaction score
For the chromatography qn, what were the answers for the number of spots that can be seen in solvent 1 and then, it asked about the number of spots that moved further than in solvent 1?

Reaction score
For the chromatography qn, what were the answers for the number of spots that can be seen in solvent 1 and then, it asked about the number of spots that moved further than in solvent 1?
Was it 4 for the first question and then 3 for the next?