• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry 21

Reaction score
it was easy for me yh i messed up a bit in the scheepid last q...or else the paper was easy...:)
-49 enthaply..OH YEA ! :D

Reaction score
GUYS, what was for the question with the equlibrium it was Exothermic, yeah?

Jaf

Reaction score
it was so3 , it forms when no2 and so2 react :) when so3 is formed then h2so4 forms :p
I don't know... I mean looking at the question after that I changed my answer to H2SO4. SO3 does not have environmental consequences on its own without first turning into H2SO4. Donno, I could be wrong.

Jaf

Reaction score
/ \
| COOH
| COOH the cyclohexane will look like this in q4 last part
\ /
The ring structure opens up, actually (doesn't look like it in your structure though; sorry if that's what you meant). It'd be simply HO₂C(CH₂)₄CO₂H

Reaction score
mayb yea coz almost all d ppl at my centre are definitely goin to lose 10 marks here n dere for sure.....was the enthalpy value cumin in -47 or someting?buh it sure was exothermic reaction....most of d ppl evn went wrong on d 2nd question based on moles...
It was -49

Reaction score
there is also a trick part about the equilibrium yield my friend told me abt the higher pressre what do u think it is?

Reaction score
I don't know... I mean looking at the question after that I changed my answer to H2SO4. SO3 does not have environmental consequences on its own without first turning into H2SO4. Donno, I could be wrong.
pprs goneeeeeeeee :p lets jst 4get abt it now :)

Reactions: Jaf
Reaction score
SuP. IM back :D
and these are some of my answer for some questions :)
1) i wrote SO3
2) the enthalphy change is -49
3) the percentage of purity is 90.8
4) and the cyclic one when reacted with hot conc. KMnO4 ..its... HOOCCH2CH2CH2CH2COOH

and gud luck in today's bio practical :D

Reaction score
SuP. IM back :D
and these are some of my answer for some questions :)
1) i wrote SO3
2) the enthalphy change is -49
3) the colour of HBr is colourless and when reacted Br2 is produced so it changes to reddish brown
4) the percentage of purity is 90.8
5) and the cyclic one when reacted with hot conc. KMnO4 ..its... HOOCCH2CH2CH2CH2COOH

and gud luck in today's bio practical :D
for 3 it reacts with ethene....addition takes place...and bromo ethene is produced....where did u get thaat red brown gas?

Reaction score
for 3 it reacts with ethene....addition takes place...and bromo ethene is produced....where did u get thaat red brown gas?
Really ?????!!!!!! o_O
then i think i read the question wrong.....
anywayz thx :D

Reaction score
and writing so i rememberr...instead of adding HBr...by mistake i added 2 Br :cry: :p

haha...that;s y better nt to ha ve any discussions :p

Reaction score
My teacher told me if i use higher pressure there will be no effect to equilibrium yield of methanol as kp or kc is not changed, is that right?