• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

chemestry 11 discussion

Reaction score
not much to discuss actually. :) .....it went very well 4 me :Yahoo!: ...wht bout u?

Reaction score
The answer was insoulbe souble. hOW ABOUT THE alloying question? My answer was A but any possible answer for this.
The paper was so easy and I wish that Biology paper 1 to easy as chemistry :D

Reaction score
mido4help said:
The answer was insoulbe souble. hOW ABOUT THE alloying question? My answer was A but any possible answer for this.

They didn't explain eachother :O I put B..

Reaction score
xIshtar said:
mido4help said:

They didn't explain eachother :O I put B..

same here! hahaha..
I don't think they explain each other. they are 2 different thing.

*btw, it's 24 hours for me already*

Reaction score
What about the question about the acids? The one that asked "which is not a typical characteristic of an acid?"
I said "React with all metals" ...but that queestion confused me!

Reaction score
The other 3 options were also right, and i dont think an acid could react wil ALL metals. Some metals are un reactive or slightly reactive.

Reaction score
Acids do not turn litmus paper blue...
Acids turn blue litmus paper red =P

Reaction score
LimeReem said:
Acids do not turn litmus paper blue...
Acids turn blue litmus paper red =P

The question said turn litmus paper red.

The answer is react with all metals, because acids don't react with all metals.

Reaction score
Exactly, it sed that acids turn litmus paper red, which is correct. But it does not react with all metals...

Reaction score
i think methane and CO2 r grrenhouse gases...so it was P R nd S...i think...dnt remember the choice number...think it was C...

Reaction score
skinnyboyfat said:
i think methane and CO2 r grrenhouse gases...so it was P R nd S...i think...dnt remember the choice number...think it was C...

Yeah, thats what I put cause they are both green house gases :D

Reaction score
Actually, i checked on the internet if all metals react with acids, and it said yes. So maybe that wasn't the correct answer. You can react any metal with an acid. If the metal is less reactive then you can use a concentrated acid or warm the acid, so yeh, metals do react with all acids.

Reaction score
But in previous past papers i did. The same question came up and Yes, Not all metals react with acids. For instance, Try mixing gold with HCL. what will happen? Nothing.