• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

CHEM UNIT 2!

Reaction score
Can someone post the diagrams and apparatus mostly used in unit 2.....or just name it plzz ???:unsure:

Reaction score
Not really good tbh! :/ I havent got enough time to do all the pastpapers.. i think ill do the latest exams only.... what about you?

same here..... only 1 day left.... and i still have some great ambiguities!!!!!:)
from which centre r u gonna appear and where?:sneaky:

Reaction score
Can some one plz give an explaination to these questions
The attached file Q6 , Q11d , Q13 ( how to know where is the top layer and which is the bottom using the density )

Attachments

• 6CH02_01_que_20110120 (1).pdf
    306.5 KB · Views: 13
Reaction score
Can some one plz give an explaination to these questions
The attached file Q6 , Q11d , Q13 ( how to know where is the top layer and which is the bottom using the density )

6) The answer is B
CH4 is definitely not because it only contains london forces, the other 3 contain hydrogen bonds.
The answer is between HF or H2O and the answer is H2O because each H2O molecule forms 2 hydrogen bonds per molecule but HF forms only 1 per molecule
b)A
The molecular formula of the structure is C4H9I, C4H9Cl is not the answer because it has fewer electrons, hence weaker Van Der waals. So, this is between 1-iodobutane or 2-methyl-2-iodopropane. 1-iodobutane has a larger surface area than the more spherical structure of 2-methyl-2-iodopropane, hence the answer is 1-iodobutane

11d) Initiators are usually used for polymerization reactions, so i think it's B but i am not sure

13) The density of hydrocarbon layer is 0.660 g/cm^3 so it is less dense
An organic and an aqueous layer forms in the seperating funnel.
The density of the aqueous layer is close to the density of water which is about 1g/cm^3 so it is more dense than the density of the hydrocarbon layer, so it is below the hydrocarbon layer.

Reaction score
6) The answer is B
CH4 is definitely not because it only contains london forces, the other 3 contain hydrogen bonds.
The answer is between HF or H2O and the answer is H2O because each H2O molecule forms 2 hydrogen bonds per molecule but HF forms only 1 per molecule
b)A
The molecular formula of the structure is C4H9I, C4H9Cl is not the answer because it has fewer electrons, hence weaker Van Der waals. So, this is between 1-iodobutane or 2-methyl-2-iodopropane. 1-iodobutane has a larger surface area than the more spherical structure of 2-methyl-2-iodopropane, hence the answer is 1-iodobutane

11d) Initiators are usually used for polymerization reactions, so i think it's B but i am not sure

13) The density of hydrocarbon layer is 0.660 g/cm^3 so it is less dense
An organic and an aqueous layer forms in the seperating funnel.
The density of the aqueous layer is close to the density of water which is about 1g/cm^3 so it is more dense than the density of the hydrocarbon layer, so it is below the hydrocarbon layer.

Thank u sooooooooooo much :D

Reaction score
guys wat do u ppl say will iodometric titration cum 2moro or acid base......
wat r ur predictions and how difficult da ppr is gonna be???//

Reaction score
can someone plzzz help me with some questions:

Q10 Q11 Q15 and Q16

http://www.edexcel.com/migrationdocuments/QP GCE Curriculum 2000/June 2011 - QP/6CH02_01_que_20110527.pdf

One more thing, plzzzz provide me with notes on "Mass and infrared spectrometry" i don't understand it at all :( :'(

Q10. D-- because butan-1-ol can be fragmented at CH3CH2CH2 to give an m/e value at 43, which is not possible in butan-2-ol

Q11. C-- not too sure why, but I guess it's because there are 3 main elements, hence there will be 3 molecular ion peaks, since both isotopes of Bromine combine to form one major molecular ion peak for Bromine

Q15. B-- because ethylamine cannot form when the reactant is a methane group. The methane can be repeated when it replaces one H atom from NH3, but it will increase by methyl groups only. 1-methyl, dimethyl, trimethyl etc.

Q16. C-- since the TOTAL percentage error has to be calculated (for measuring out NaOH and acid), multiply the accuracy of the pipette by 2 (i.e. 0.04*2= 0.08). Then divide by the total amount that is measured out (i.e. 10 cm3+ 10 cm3) and multiply by 100, to give +-0.4%

Hope you could understand :p