• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chem practical help!!!

Reaction score
Can any1 help me with chenistry practicals. How do i knw which gases r released even before i carry out their test.

Reaction score
if they say test for 2 gases most like youre heating a nitrate,and if u see a brown gas then that confirms it so then you say colourless gas produced that relights a glowing splint (o2) and an orange brown gas ( No2). if the substance has NH4, then u just say colourless gas evolved which turns damp red litmus paper blue (NH3).

Reaction score
if they say test for 2 gases most like youre heating a nitrate,and if u see a brown gas then that confirms it so then you say colourless gas produced that relights a glowing splint (o2) and an orange brown gas ( No2). if the substance has NH4, then u just say colourless gas evolved which turns damp red litmus paper blue (NH3).
Also you should know which reagent you are adding for e.g Zn powder and NaOH with the suspected soln- indicates testing for NH3 gas.

Reaction score
Can anyone post the download of chemistry and physics practical book so that i can download it.

Reaction score
Can anyone post the download of chemistry and physics practical book so that i can download it.
Sorry I think that this book is only available in Mauritius but you can also check this one <ILPAC Advanced Practical Chemistry >.