• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chem Paper 6 (All discussions here Please)

Reaction score
Yeah! the last qs!? what did u write for it???
overall i think it was a very fine paper.

Reaction score
OMG i cant believe i did it wrong i get it now it was dehydrated so pink to blueeee .. i think thermal decom is right i dunno i did alot of weird stuff and for the sulphuric acid present i dont remember wht i wrote hmm and W opened i wrote for excess gas 2 escape for somereason i was thinking of it as escape for heat so it doesnt overheat ... but they were so much stupid 1 mark confusing questions if any 1 has answers for them plzz addd and i drew the the graph over the original 2 ..

Reaction score
Relax, don't worry about what you got wrong, just concentrate on Maths! (if u do take it)!!!
Cheers! :D

Reaction score
for the last ques on how to obtain copper metal from Copper carbonate i explained the process of electrolysis...for the ques with y the tube was left open i put to allow the gas to escape...but im not sure about those answers... ;)

Reaction score
For the last question of the first variant i said that hyrochloric acid is added to copper carbonate which turns it into copper2chloride then electrolyse it or watever
i think its ryt i am not very sure:p

Reaction score
well it seemed like i did second variant. I dont remember anything about Steel and copper apart form the malachite question. I gotta ask smth though. For the first question, why was the gas passed through Sulphuric Acid?

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
well steel and copper is the second variant and malachite in the 1st variant
first question reason was to dry the gas H2SO4 is a drying agent