• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chem p51 discussion, it's been 24 hrs

Reaction score
I got gradient 7 too! the first part was that solubility decreases when temperature increases because equilibrium shifts to the left (Le Chatelier) right?
Also what anomalous points did you get?

Reaction score
Yea

I got 2 anomalies
One above the line and one below

For the one below the line I talked about incomplete heating cuz it lost too little mass
And the one above I talked about some of the sulfate being decomposed cuz it lost too much mass

Reaction score
I got gradient 7 too! the first part was that solubility decreases when temperature increases because equilibrium shifts to the left (Le Chatelier) right?
Also what anomalous points did you get?

What were ur hazards for q1

Reaction score
Nice

What points did u put for the 8 mark question in q1

that wasn't easy, mentioned apparatus with capacity, some calculations and conclusion on how the titres could have been accurate and so on. I think i messed that up a little... what was the indicator? also the very last question of the paper was the one where we had to state the value of x and explain right?

Reaction score
that wasn't easy, mentioned apparatus with capacity, some calculations and conclusion on how the titres could have been accurate and so on. I think i messed that up a little... what was the indicator? also the very last question of the paper was the one where we had to state the value of x and explain right?

I didn't use an indicator, I used the colour of the iodine solution as the indicator
X was the same as the gradient 7 so the formula was FeSO4.7H2O

Explanation was that gradient is same a mole ratio between water and FeSO4

Reaction score
I didn't use an indicator, I used the colour of the iodine solution as the indicator
X was the same as the gradient 7 so the formula was FeSO4.7H2O

Explanation was that gradient is same a mole ratio between water and FeSO4

Yeah! But there weren't any more part questions after that were there?