• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

chem p5 urgent doubt

Reaction score
can anyone of you plz solve question 2 of june 2009 P5 chemistry.
At first they have asked use to find solubility.
the formula given is: mass of solid/mass of water in saturated solution * 100
but somehow I cant get the solubility right.:(
Also I don't know how to find transistion temp.Actually my whole graph is wrong I think.
Can someone plz scan and show me the correct graph and how to find the transistion temp.

Reaction score
I got my answer incorrect too in the first attempt. This question was first of its type by that time but now its common!!
Try it for yourself again,u will get the answer. The points are a lot messy and bear in your mind that lines will only intersect when extrapolated

Reaction score
Reaction score
and my transition temperature happens to be 67 C
thats the correct transition temp. btw check may june 2010 question 1 paper 52..its a very hard experiment i am not getting it :s if u know how to do it i will be glad if u can help me

Reaction score
thats the correct transition temp. btw check may june 2010 question 1 paper 52..its a very hard experiment i am not getting it :s if u know how to do it i will be glad if u can help me
I have not done it yet,but will see it InshaALLAH!!
Remember me in ur prayers.

Reaction score
can anyone tell me how to attempt the questions asking us to determine the value of x in the formulae? for eg in june 2008 Q.2 part 2f. and what is the gradient? reply please ....

Reaction score
yeah its hard :( am stuck here too

iKhaled can you do the 1 (d) part of the same paper ?
yeah this is the question that i couldn't do and i need someone to explain the whole of it cuz i didn't get it still :S i am sorry i wont be able to help u in it

Reaction score
I have a question regarding the same question mentioned above (9701/52/M/J/10, question 1(d)), any one who could solve it, please answer this too : Molality and the concentration of the same solution would be different, right? And if I suppose the mass of KCl to be 2g in 20g of water, the molality would be (2/74.6) / (20/1000) ?
This is confusing.

Reaction score
I have a question regarding the same question mentioned above (9701/52/M/J/10, question 1(d)), any one who could solve it, please answer this too : Molality and the concentration of the same solution would be different, right? And if I suppose the mass of KCl to be 2g in 20g of water, the molality would be (2/74.6) / (20/1000) ?
This is confusing.

yeah, I need help on May June 2010 paper 52 as well for question 1(d). When they say 100g of water means 100g for each of my 5 sets of solvent or 100g and I need to divide it wisely to use for 5 solvents? And is 100g equal to 100cm3?