• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

chem p1 doubts

Reaction score
I don't know what to do now..i solved all the years from 2002 to 2011..but i still have a feeling that I'm not ready for the exam.. help?

Reaction score
I don't know what to do now..i solved all the years from 2002 to 2011..but i still have a feeling that I'm not ready for the exam.. help?
well revise the tests and try to do 1999 to 2002 too because my experience with physics p1,many Q's came from 2000 to 2005 and if ur free revise the book like fast revision!!

Reaction score
WHY pH doesnot change when NaCl is added to water???

NaCl is a salt which have a pH 7, all salts have pH 7 and so does water, so adding neutral substance to a neutral substance doesn't affect pH :)

Reaction score
n in o/n 11 .How can we easil
y predict the ans of ques31 as B .plz tell me a method to do this.:)

MTH

Reaction score
If I'm not wrong, the answer is "A" right ?? (in Q 4)

For the explanation,
Student 1 : if you take the electron number of magnesium plus with 8 you will get calcium which is in the same group with Mg.
Student 2 : if you take the electron number of nickle plus with 8, you will get Krypton which is a noble gas. That means it's unreactive.

Question 23 : To get Copper chloride, you can use both Base ans carbonate to react with HCl but you can't use metal as copper is less reactive than hydrogen.

Reaction score
If I'm not wrong, the answer is "A" right ?? (in Q 4)

For the explanation,
Student 1 : if you take the electron number of magnesium plus with 8 you will get calcium which is in the same group with Mg.
Student 2 : if you take the electron number of nickle plus with 8, you will get Krypton which is a noble gas. That means it's unreactive.

Question 23 : To get Copper chloride, you can use both Base ans carbonate to react with HCl but you can't use metal as copper is less reactive than hydrogen.
Yes it is A !
Thank you !! :)