• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chem help!!!

Reaction score
1)Describe the production of heat energy by burning fuels?

2)Describe hydrogen of fuel

3)Describe radioactive isotopes, such as U^235 as a source of energy

Please help

Reaction score
Well..

Heat energy by burning fuels.. The process is really simple.. It combusts, which is used to heat steam and turn a turbine and then a generator..
As for the Radioactive isotopes, for a source of energy just know that fission is the process, and the entire energy making is similar to that of a coal burning power station, except the first part involves a reactor..
As for hydrogen as a fuel, be more specific please?

Reaction score
That is what it says on the syllabus? and are you sure of these answers? because they somewhat seem strange lol :p

Reaction score
Adahshan said:
That is what it says on the syllabus? and are you sure of these answers? because they somewhat seem strange lol :p

Hmm, if you want to take my answers feel free to, if not, I don't mind man..
The statements are very vague, and I didn't know how to interpret them, so I just used Physics knowledge and explained how a power station worked..

If you look in your book, it might be better than asking on the internet, why not use the index? :p

Reaction score
Our school has the stupidest system of all.

They didn't give us a text book and that's why i'm getting f**ed,, :/ so i'm just revising syllabus with nothing but my notes and knowledge.