• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

CHECKPOINT,IGCSE and AS level.

Reaction score
Hello, I want to know, how can I{ complete my quick revision of, math phy and chem ???
I have 6 months... are they enough to revise ?

Suchal Riaz
sagar65265
others help me too.

Six months is a very, very long time - it should be enough to prepare a lot in those six months, provided you prepare daily.
The method of preparation shouldn't be just reading the textbooks for 4 months, then stuff the remaining sample papers into the last two months - this method is one of the most common, but most uncomfortable methods of preparing.
Every day, spend at least 30 minutes going through the subject matter - there are times when focusing on one topic for more than 30 minutes could be difficult, so spend at least 30 minutes, and then take a rest. But suppose you're understanding what the book is saying and you find the topic interesting enough, then try to study until you feel you are done.
Then, do the questions at the end of the relevant topic, and check any past papers for questions on that topic - solving these will not only challenge our knowledge of the concepts, but it will also tell you what depth of understanding you'll need to do well in that topic.

So if you repeat for all the subjects, i'm guessing you should be able to read one topic in 2 days, tops 4 days - in 6 months, we have on average 180 days, which means you can easily finish all the chapters by preparing like this (remember, doing all three subjects everyday). However, finishing the chapter shouldn't be priority - understanding the content should be.

There are several websites on the internet that provide sample problems for each topic, so do all the problems - just because something seems easy, don't leave it out - you have a lot of time, so don't think of it as having enough time to finish everything later - think of it as having enough time to do everything now.

So when you're done with that, more questions can be found in other boards - take IB, try out some questions.
Even though the boards are different and the pattern may be different, the questions are all based on real topics - unless questions are out of your syllabus, they will test your knowledge of the topic at hand. The pattern does not matter - questions test your knowledge, and if your knowledge is complete (which is what we want to test here) you will be able to answer any question regardless of the pattern.

Try this schedule for a few days, and see if it is comfortable for you.

Hope this helped!
Good Luck for your preparation!

Reaction score
Six months is a very, very long time - it should be enough to prepare a lot in those six months, provided you prepare daily.
The method of preparation shouldn't be just reading the textbooks for 4 months, then stuff the remaining sample papers into the last two months - this method is one of the most common, but most uncomfortable methods of preparing.
Every day, spend at least 30 minutes going through the subject matter - there are times when focusing on one topic for more than 30 minutes could be difficult, so spend at least 30 minutes, and then take a rest. But suppose you're understanding what the book is saying and you find the topic interesting enough, then try to study until you feel you are done.
Then, do the questions at the end of the relevant topic, and check any past papers for questions on that topic - solving these will not only challenge our knowledge of the concepts, but it will also tell you what depth of understanding you'll need to do well in that topic.

So if you repeat for all the subjects, i'm guessing you should be able to read one topic in 2 days, tops 4 days - in 6 months, we have on average 180 days, which means you can easily finish all the chapters by preparing like this (remember, doing all three subjects everyday). However, finishing the chapter shouldn't be priority - understanding the content should be.

There are several websites on the internet that provide sample problems for each topic, so do all the problems - just because something seems easy, don't leave it out - you have a lot of time, so don't think of it as having enough time to finish everything later - think of it as having enough time to do everything now.

So when you're done with that, more questions can be found in other boards - take IB, try out some questions.
Even though the boards are different and the pattern may be different, the questions are all based on real topics - unless questions are out of your syllabus, they will test your knowledge of the topic at hand. The pattern does not matter - questions test your knowledge, and if your knowledge is complete (which is what we want to test here) you will be able to answer any question regardless of the pattern.

Try this schedule for a few days, and see if it is comfortable for you.

Hope this helped!
Good Luck for your preparation!
Thanks brother. I liked it, seems that your were following this schedule in your AS and A levels. But I want one more favor, that make a time table for me. I am asking this coz I am unable to decide my own timetable. :/ You can chose anytime, NO WORRIES.

Thanks in advance.