• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

changing school in last year of Alevel

Reaction score
Assalamoalikum:)
Now the thing is guys iam changing my school in grade-12( last year of Alevels)
the reason is the faculty of teachers are just tooooo bad:(
its like i waste all 8 hours in school ending up studying nothing:(
and so all pressure comes when i come home and than tutions and self study.
so i wanted to ask will my gpa be effected and also will i be in the lower side becuase of changing school?
my old school had more prestige here whereas my new which iam thinking of going has lower prestige this is becuase the old school having a bit more extracuriculum activities.
iam talking specificlly for unviersities of Canada, like unviersity of toronto and waterloo and also mcgill.
becuase as to my knowledge of there universities isnt that only Alevel result and your ielts/toufel reslut matters?
please help

Reaction score
Prestige doesnt matter at all!
Here in Karachi, i know many prestigious schools where academic focus is very little, many of my friends regret going there.
MEanwhile , there may be some schools that are not so prestigious but the academics are good!

After all, what matters most is your own effort, a good faculty is an advantage/ a bonus however!

Why on earth will your GPA be affected ???
GPA is given on univ exams which you have no link to currently!

A level result does count but yes, SATs and IELTS/TOEFL matter most!

Reaction score
Did you give AS levels? If not then it's better to stay in your original school. You'll be required to submit your A1 finals school examination result and your predict grades to the Canadian universities. Secondly, if you have an A or above in O'levels english, you won't require IELTS/TOEFL. But do check out the requirements of respective universities you want to apply to.