• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Changed to Bio, help!!!

Reaction score
yeah so I was an ICT student in 9C and then for some reason I had to change to Bio and with only one month left till 10C, I need help :/
What to do? which chapters? (For BSS Northern region)
I am just lost, need help!

Reaction score
yeah so I was an ICT student in 9C and then for some reason I had to change to Bio and with only one month left till 10C, I need help :/
What to do? which chapters? (For BSS Northern region)
I am just lost, need help!
Well you have to focus..... So are you asking how to prepare for the Exam of 9th???

Reaction score
Well you have to focus..... So are you asking how to prepare for the Exam of 9th???

Not really. Like asking for some simple 9th grade tips and stuff for Bio so that the 10th grade goes on well.

Reaction score
Well the thing is, that Bio is all "ratta"...... don't change the definitions, learn em by heart..... You have to go through the Biology book of "Mary Jones" if you have it and read the small tips in the corner if you do....
Other than that, know that in every question of "Transport or Movement" related things, you HAVE to relate it to diffusion and osmosis and the concentration gradient!!!!
If you want to make sure that you are doing good, only solve the MCQs of various years.....
Important chapters are: diffusion and osmosis, Nutrition in animals/plants, Nutrients......
And the chapters you'll learn further on which are important are microorganisms, Reproduction in animals/plants and Cell division.....
In the rest, there is not mush of a concept, but you have to know the scientific names of different organs/parts/components of the body or systems by heart.....
Oh and one last point, Write your answers explicitly, clearly, and no details required(until asked), coz the thing with bio is that small questions have alot of marks, so you have to take small bits of all the related things and summarize it ant then write.....!!!

Hope this helps!!

Reaction score
B
Well the thing is, that Bio is all "ratta"...... don't change the definitions, learn em by heart..... You have to go through the Biology book of "Mary Jones" if you have it and read the small tips in the corner if you do....
Other than that, know that in every question of "Transport or Movement" related things, you HAVE to relate it to diffusion and osmosis and the concentration gradient!!!!
If you want to make sure that you are doing good, only solve the MCQs of various years.....
Important chapters are: diffusion and osmosis, Nutrition in animals/plants, Nutrients......
And the chapters you'll learn further on which are important are microorganisms, Reproduction in animals/plants and Cell division.....
In the rest, there is not mush of a concept, but you have to know the scientific names of different organs/parts/components of the body or systems by heart.....
Oh and one last point, Write your answers explicitly, clearly, and no details required(until asked), coz the thing with bio is that small questions have alot of marks, so you have to take small bits of all the related things and summarize it ant then write.....!!!

Hope this helps!!
But I was asking about the 9th grade... How am I gonna cover all that up in like a month? :(

Reaction score
Plus, I am awful in rattas, meow :3
more of concepts
Dot worry man, did my o level bio in one month......
Your main concentration should be on Chapter 6-9, but definitely learn the lock n key hypothesis in enzymes..... And learn one definition per day n I'll do great!!!!

Reaction score
Just read and understand the first 9 chapters. You will do the rest in 10th Grade.
Biology is not ratta. It is conceptual. A good understanding is very important. Concentrate on minor details.