• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Can Do A levels after simple matriculation ?

Reaction score
My parents dont want me to do o levels but thy want me to do A levels ... Ohh weird parents :confused: anyways i just need suggestion that can i do a levels after simple matriculation as my parents think that o level will waste my time :eek::eek:

Reaction score
I'm sorry but it will be extremely difficult for you. You dont have the British Council's exam know-how, do not have an O level background and so you'll be facing with endless difficulties. O level students even find it hard to cope up with A levels. With inter board back ground, I seriously dont think its wise to choose A levels.

Reaction score
Ya im about to study everything abroad after a levels thats y i need advice

The general rule is, A Levels is better for abroad, FSc is better for Pakistan.

I am not entirely sure if a Matric student can cope with A Levels. Matric is all ratta, A Levels is all concept where all questions are unseen and is much, much more extensive.

I'll tag a few people I think can help you - Dark Destination, Awesome12, teachyourself, Kamihus, FAHMEED, Nibz, SalmanPakRocks.

Reaction score
It will be really hard for you to adapt in to this novel system. Matriculation involves 'ratta', which is strictly prohibited in the CIE system of education- student knowledge operates on the basis of conceptual understanding. O and A Levels have a specific writing technique (answer writing technique to be specific). This is taught to students in O Levels, so that they won't encounter problems in A Levels (if they wish to pursue A Levels). Furthermore, A Levels is done in 2 years, so much time will be spent trying to adjust with the new system.

My piece of advice:
Go through the books and syllabus content of O level subjects. You can join an academy so that you can learn the concepts and not the wording. Learn the technique of answering in O Levels. And then give the exams in May/June 2015. If you get good grades, then you can start A Levels in September