• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

C4 today...Summer 2013

Reaction score
yeah i got the same for 7b its when the lower hald of dy/dx=0 so when dx/dy=0

8b i just realised after the exam, i think the answer was (7,2,4) and (-1,-6,8)

yea this is what i got for 8b
are you sure of the answer ? i got the lamda as -3 and -7

Reaction score
it is correct dx/dy = 0 since the tangent is parallel to the y axis gradient is undefined so if you flip it it wil be dx/dy = 0

If you are correct, I am going to be so glad I stuck to that whim. I got (-3, 6) using that method too. If that deems true I think I may've got 100% percent on this!

Regarding the lambdas, I got -3 and -7. Can't remember the Coords though.

Reaction score
If you are correct, I am going to be so glad I stuck to that whim. I got (-3, 6) using that method too. If that deems true I think I may've got 100% percent on this!

Regarding the lambdas, I got -3 and -7. Can't remember the Coords though.
well that is what i got for both questions i am kind of sure 7b (-3,6)
but regarding the lamda am not sure but i got -3 and -7

Reaction score
yep i'm 100% sure its right, shame i didnt get it in the exam though
as you want to find where a.b = 6 and those are the 2 points
i hope the final answers(8b coordinates) are correct then i will be sure that i dont have mistakes unless there are some silly mistakes which i didnt notice

Reaction score
I got for 7b.(-3,6) because its parallal to the y-xis if it was parallal to x-xis then you would get (-6,3) which is wrong. I got for the range question 0<f(x)<2 , for 8a. P=1 , question was amazing, u had to bring the (1-x)^-0.5 and expand normally using the binomial formula and then multiply, the paper was fairly easy.

Reaction score
I got for 7b.(-3,6) because its parallal to the y-xis if it was parallal to x-xis then you would get (-6,3) which is wrong. I got for the range question 0<f(x)<2 , for 8a. P=1 , question was amazing, u had to bring the (1-x)^-0.5 and expand normally using the binomial formula and then multiply, the paper was fairly easy.
did you get the value of k as 2 (k=2)

Reaction score
how many marks would i get for :
-question where you had to partial fraction then intergrate...i didn't partial fraction at all and i integrated by parts and got a wierd answer so would i get anything out of 7marks.
-i got (-6,3) how many marks would i get for that out of 7marks !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score

That isn't going to get you two marks unless it's a typo; the range was 0<= f(x) <= 2.

did you get the value of k as 2 (k=2)

I did.

Reaction score
I want to know something, I did 8a wrong, but in 8b i got the idea of the question but the answer in part a affected it, so is there ecf as in accounting and other subjects?