• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

C34 Math IAL 16/6 June 2014

Reaction score
Reaction score
ohoh. one last question, check out no8 c
https://eiewebvip.edexcel.org.uk/Reports/Confidential Documents/1201/6665_01_rms_20120307.pdf

why did they take 2pi - theta?
Okay I know why

You need to go back to your CAST diagram

In the ALL quadrant you'll have your related angle i.e. your first solution

But if you think about it, everytime you solve for theta, you look at the other quadrant its in as well right?

Because tan is positive its gonna be in the first and third quadrant, where the solution is pi + the related angle

Soooo it will be pi + (pi - theta) and therefore (2pi - theta)

Reaction score
The point (-3, 0) isnt part of the f(|x|) graph because it has -x coords
I dont understand what you are trying to say .. it is part of f(x) right? then it will be part of f(|x|) too...
from what i have studies in the book first we will reflect it in y axis then we will transform it 2 units down

Reaction score
I dont understand what you are trying to say .. it is part of f(x) right? then it will be part of f(|x|) too...
from what i have studies in the book first we will reflect it in y axis then we will transform it 2 units down
No no no okay listen...

When you have to plot f(|x|),

You delete the parts on the left side of the y axis,
and then you reflect whats on the right side of the y axis in the y axis...

Okay listen, if you have the Keith Pledger C3 book, go to p. 82 and look at point 3