• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

c3 june 2013

Reaction score
people, the paper wasn't so tough, and the final question had nothing to do with M1, it was trigonometry. The minimum value of V required the maximum value of Rcos(theta + alpha) to be substituted in the given equation. You ended up getting 0.84 as far as i can remember. And then it was just a matter of using AB = Sin(Theta)/Vertical Distance. true?
So what was the distance AB that you got? using your method?

Reaction score
Reaction score
To whom it may concern , i know it's inappropriate to write individual complain letters ,
but as our coordinator is out of town and we cannot contact him i wondered if i may be noticed as this is a very important subject.

i know you got many complains about the C3 exam and i do not want to be another candidate who just want to talk, as you know many of us are doing the full math (A2) in their senor year and we can get our acceptance in a college or university by using the predicted marks offered from our school teachers.
I asked my classmates if i may talk on behalf of them and they did not have any problem , i'm aware that your examiners and the head examiner are aware of the syllabus well and will not examine us in something outside of it.
I'm not asking for a re-sit because as i already told you we are seniors , due to that case we cannot wait for another year or a re-sit , as i looked into the grade boundaries among the past exams , they did not change except 2-3 marks and this exam is a lot harder , not saying that its impossible its just a higher level from the regular one that we practiced by solving the past exam papers.
finally, the A2 maths also include the (C4) exam which we kindly ask you to put it into consideration.
to conclude on behalf of my school, i'm asking you kindly to support us by considering that such a huge number of complains that wont be coming from overseas , for a 'regular' exam as you called it earlier at your website.
faithfully,
Taz Rones
Amman, Amman, Jordan.

this is a complain letter.

Reaction score
people, the paper wasn't so tough, and the final question had nothing to do with M1, it was trigonometry. The minimum value of V required the maximum value of Rcos(theta + alpha) to be substituted in the given equation. You ended up getting 0.84 as far as i can remember. And then it was just a matter of using AB = Sin(Theta)/Vertical Distance. true?
thatz what i did! i've got 7.29

Reaction score
Everyone found it hard, bar probably a handful of super intelligent/further maths people so stop moaning that its so hard because they will adjust the grade boundaries...the only reason they haven't adjusted the grade boundaries significantly in the past is because none of the past papers have been so hard (you said so yourselves).

Also to those saying its a leaked paper and they're going to put the grade boundaries up- the paper above with solutions by Raza Rafique is the unleaked replacement for the leaked paper. Only a handful of schools sat the leaked paper, and so the grade boundaries for that will be separate to the replacement, as they are both separate papers, and the leaked paper will probably have a higher grade boundary because 1) people might have seen it beforehand and 2) there is a smaller amount of people that did it so the range of grades will be smaller and so the grade boundaries will probably he closer together and higher.

So please stop moaning to edexcel about marking the papers fairly because its annoying to them when they're already gonna mark it fairly and its annoying to me having to put up with your whining all over the internet.

Reaction score
To whom it may concern , i know it's inappropriate to write individual complain letters ,
but as our coordinator is out of town and we cannot contact him i wondered if i may be noticed as this is a very important subject.

i know you got many complains about the C3 exam and i do not want to be another candidate who just want to talk, as you know many of us are doing the full math (A2) in their senor year and we can get our acceptance in a college or university by using the predicted marks offered from our school teachers.
I asked my classmates if i may talk on behalf of them and they did not have any problem , i'm aware that your examiners and the head examiner are aware of the syllabus well and will not examine us in something outside of it.
I'm not asking for a re-sit because as i already told you we are seniors , due to that case we cannot wait for another year or a re-sit , as i looked into the grade boundaries among the past exams , they did not change except 2-3 marks and this exam is a lot harder , not saying that its impossible its just a higher level from the regular one that we practiced by solving the past exam papers.
finally, the A2 maths also include the (C4) exam which we kindly ask you to put it into consideration.
to conclude on behalf of my school, i'm asking you kindly to support us by considering that such a huge number of complains that wont be coming from overseas , for a 'regular' exam as you called it earlier at your website.
faithfully,
Taz Rones
Amman, Amman, Jordan.

this is a complain letter.

Please sign this petition and put that as your reason as to signing it!!
Thank you so much!!

https://www.change.org/petitions/edexcel-actually-mark-the-june-2013-c3-examination-fairly

Reaction score
it was soooo hard i couldn't believe that am examining C3 i thought its C4 it was so complicated and i didnt do well in it plz do something about it
thank you
MOHAMMAD AL_ODAT