• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

c3 june 2013

Reaction score
I sub. f(x)=x-2 into gf(x)=16
then sub f(x)=5x/2 +5 into gf(x)=16 again..got 2 values of x at the end
dont know if i have done right..maybe was wrong but i tried my best :)
If you sub. -2.5x+5 in g(x)=16 your answer is right. other answer is right but it was not within the domain.

Reaction score
to work out AB i worked out the angle at that speed.
-At that speed cos(thita-73.74)=0
-Then worked out thita
-then you know sinthita = opposite/hyp...
-hype=opp / sinthita
= 7 / sin(thita)
-I ended up with 25.00030625
so i put 25

Reaction score
What was the domain for the f(x) graph, and why are you guys not including x=6 as a solution to fg(x)=16, I'm more than happy if it isn't a solution, since I only got 0.4 anyway, but why?

Reaction score
every one that is saying the paper is leaked is F*cking Stupid and have no clue on what they are saying, no papers were leaked, they were lost by a courier the edexcel use to send out the papers, extent of the breach is limited in scope, but edexcel are certain that the integrity of these examinations is not compromised in any way there for they issued a new paper NO ONE sat the original paper we were meant to have they all sat the REPLACEMENT paper, so who every is going on about LEAKED LEAKED LEAKED can f*ck off and go do some reading in the source below, also there is no point sending emails to edexcel talking about grade boundaries because your emails will probably get deleted and not even read as they will be full of Bullshit

ORIGINAL SOURCE: http://www.edexcel.com/Aboutus/press-room/Pages/june13-gcemaths-replacepapers.aspx

ps; by no means do i intend to insult anyone but this is not the only i am hearing this and is doing my head in!!!!!

DUDE, 2 schools sat the original paper and they said it is easier than the replacement paper!!
Also try to talk in a good way please :)

SOURCE FROM BBC NEWS : http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-22887009

Reaction score
i got an A c1 A in c2 , B S1, c3 c(in Jan) m1 waiting, c4 doing it on the 18th june :) whos ready???? i like c4 more than c3, c3 today made me hate maths :( the last question was some M1/physics question, so trickkkky

Reaction score
i got an A c1 A in c2 , B S1, c3 c(in Jan) m1 waiting, c4 doing it on the 18th june :) whos ready???? i like c4 more than c3, c3 today made me hate maths :( the last question was some M1/physics question, so trickkkky
Don't mean to upset you, but the last question had nothing to do with m1, sure, it had a lot of info you actually didnt need, but solutions to all questions could've been found using trig. Edexcel are well within their rights to use SI units in a question, as stated in the spec for core maths too, you would've got full marks on it if they didnt put so much bullshit in it.

Reaction score
people, the paper wasn't so tough, and the final question had nothing to do with M1, it was trigonometry. The minimum value of V required the maximum value of Rcos(theta + alpha) to be substituted in the given equation. You ended up getting 0.84 as far as i can remember. And then it was just a matter of using AB = Sin(Theta)/Vertical Distance. true?