• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

C2 Official thread

Reaction score
You mean the same Jan 2013 paper that had 64/75 for an A? Not likely. That paper was pretty easy. I expect 61 for this... just try not to discuss the exam because some haven't taken it.
Yes well this paper was easier/ similar to the Jan 2013 one, maybe because all candidates take it in June boundary might be at 63/75, don't see it any lower than that. And don't worry Edexcel have sent out two paper for different time zones this year to prevent cheating.

Reaction score
Yes well this paper was easier/ similar to the Jan 2013 one, maybe because all candidates take it in June boundary might be at 63/75, don't see it any lower than that. And don't worry Edexcel have sent out two paper for different time zones this year to prevent cheating.
So there r variants ??

Reaction score

Ah yes I had forgotten about that. They did the same with C1 if I recall correctly. I disagree with the 63/75 but I guess we'll find out eventually haha.

Reaction score
Ah yes I had forgotten about that. They did the same with C1 if I recall correctly. I disagree with the 63/75 but I guess we'll find out eventually haha.
yes haha, how did you find it anyway? I thought it was pretty good and everything was do-able. For the last question did people assume that P was on the line of the center of the circle? And got -5,9 but not sure that's right. The logs were really simple and so was the trigonometric graphs.

Reaction score
yes haha, how did you find it anyway? I thought it was pretty good and everything was do-able. For the last question did people assume that P was on the line of the center of the circle? And got -5,9 but not sure that's right. The logs were really simple and so was the trigonometric graphs.
Yeah u'r ryt centre wuz (-5,9)

Reaction score
Did everyone get 6.249 or something by using trapezium rule and then when f(x)+4 it was shifted up 4 units so you add the new area which was 4*3=12 giving 12+6.249 = 18.2?

Reaction score
how though? It didn't say that the point P was directly to the right of the center of the circle?

when it touches the y axis at 1 point so its tangent to y axis so no way it can be other a diameter think of it , the fattest part of a circle is where the diameter is , and if the yaxis is tangent to it was a diameter therfore -5,9 was center

Reaction score
it was damn easy ppr if i had not made those blunders in the wake of silly stupid mistakes!!!!!o_O i got the correct methodsin my mind only just after handing over my ppr.....hope the examiner will make the same silly mistakes in checking my ppr..;)