• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

BUSINESS STUDIES PAPER AND ECONOMICS PAPER! URGENT!

Meg

Reaction score
I just attempted by Business Studies paper 1 component 2. It went really well. I am just a bit confused if the ROCE calculation included long term liabilities? Also I attempted all the 6 marks discuss and analyse answers in a tabular form. Like eg. I made a table with benefits and problems of international trade. is this is good way of approaching the paper? would the examiners prefer this or cut my marks? Let me know so I write the next paper accordingly. Also tomorrow is my economics paper. I am completely unprepared. Haven't done anything since I had 3 examinations today. How should I go about preparing for this paper? Also how should I attempt the answers? Should it be in tabular form? How should I present the answers since structured papers are really long? Also what are the main topics I should be through with since I dont have time to read the whole textbook?

Reaction score
same here!! i am doing it tmrw too!! Jus get hold of the latest past papers and keep on practicing, and try to make your own notes from marking schemes!! (As for the latest papers try the different variants as well) :)

Reaction score
No. The ROCE formula doesn't include long-term liabilities. As for the approach to the structured answers, DON'T approach using tabular form. The examiners expect a STRUCTURED answer. They don't have to be too long in length. Just focus on covering the four elements of the marking (Knowledge, Application, Analysis, and Evaluation) and you would be fine. Go through your school notes or something. Pay special attention to the major concepts like inflation, or price elasticity etc. And ohh, good luck!

Reaction score
hey how come u gave ur bs paper 1 component 12 ....beacuse we have it on 16th may!!!!as level cie

Reaction score
Yup..Igcse is done...but in the 6 point questionss..there were some questions in which there was nuthin you could possibly write for the knowlege point....just the advantages and disadavantges?

Meg

Reaction score
Yup..Igcse is done...but in the 6 point questionss..there were some questions in which there was nuthin you could possibly write for the knowlege point....just the advantages and disadavantges?

What knowledge part? o_O

Reaction score
For the marking, they check whether uve used knowledge, application, analysis, evaluation.

Reaction score
I just attempted by Business Studies paper 1 component 2. It went really well. I am just a bit confused if the ROCE calculation included long term liabilities? Also I attempted all the 6 marks discuss and analyse answers in a tabular form. Like eg. I made a table with benefits and problems of international trade. is this is good way of approaching the paper? would the examiners prefer this or cut my marks? Let me know so I write the next paper accordingly. Also tomorrow is my economics paper. I am completely unprepared. Haven't done anything since I had 3 examinations today. How should I go about preparing for this paper? Also how should I attempt the answers? Should it be in tabular form? How should I present the answers since structured papers are really long? Also what are the main topics I should be through with since I dont have time to read the whole textbook?
ROCE is calculated as net profit/ capital employed * 100%

Meg

Reaction score
But in accounts it includes the long term liabilities :/
it was 4 marks :O
would I lose it all then?
Please tell me my method of calculation was correct?
and seriously would I lose all my amrks just cuz I wrote the answers in tables?
that was advised by our teachers :/

Reaction score
Well I'm not sure how many marks you will loose.However, your formula is is wrong which in turn will lead to your answer being wrong..Maybe your teachers were telling you to do it in the form of tables for revision sake.Anyways, I guess they might give you some marks if your answers are correct.try to focus on your next paper as you can't do anything bout this one.

Reactions: Meg

Meg

Reaction score
yeah I guess thats all I can hope for :p
useless teachers XD

Reaction score
Umm.. I attempted my Business paper on the 8th as well too and then Eco on the 9th! it was a real pain I know how you feel :\
coz i have 2 papers on the 8th as well
Anyways ROCE is Net profit/Capital Employed*100
and the international trade, You just had to pick point the disadvantaged and advantages of it! Im not sure about the table but International trade's answer could also be in a way that its Multinational Companies..
how was your economics paper if I may ask? :)
anyways good luck for your other papers!

Reaction score
Umm.. I attempted my Business paper on the 8th as well too and then Eco on the 9th! it was a real pain I know how you feel :\
coz i have 2 papers on the 8th as well
Anyways ROCE is Net profit/Capital Employed*100
and the international trade, You just had to pick point the disadvantaged and advantages of it! Im not sure about the table but International trade's answer could also be in a way that its Multinational Companies..
how was your economics paper if I may ask? :)
anyways good luck for your other papers!
Sorry, but what do you mean by International trande's answer should always be in a way that its Multinational Companies???