• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Business Studies Paper 12 Discussion!

Reaction score
Hey Guys! What did you write in the question relating the Finance Manager?

Reaction score
Hey Guys! What did you write in the question relating the Finance Manager?
If you're talking about the last part, so it required 3 points. (6 Marks)
I wrote that it was correct for the manager to worry about his financial position due to decreasing profits, risky current ratio and increasing competition from online book sellers that may increase the cost for his business and reduce net profit. (I elaborated every point though).

Reaction score
I wrote that it was correct for the manager to worry about his financial position due to decreasing profits, risky current ratio and increasing competition from online book sellers that may increase the cost for his business and reduce net profit. (I elaborated every point though).
I wrote that Current ratio was increasing so not should not be worried about that.
ROCE(productivity) and Net Profit(efficiency) was decreasing so should be worried according to that.

Reaction score
Hey Cryptids! Tariffs and Quotas are problems of importing right?

Reaction score
I wrote that Current ratio was increasing so not should not be worried about that.
ROCE(productivity) and Net Profit(efficiency) was decreasing so should be worried according to that.
Yea thats good !
You covered all points ! :)

Reaction score
Hey Cryptids! Tariffs and Quotas are problems of importing right?
Yes they are disadvantageous to importers.
Tariffs will increase the cost of import as importer will need to pay high taxes. Government often impose high tariffs to increase local aggregate demand and discourage imports to achieve a macroeconomic objective of balance of payments.
Quota is a problem for importer because although there are no changes in the tax but government impose a physical limit on the import of certain goods whose local demand is decreasing so that local firms may not be forced out of business.

Reaction score
Tariffs will increase the cost of import as importer will need to pay high taxes. Government often impose high tariffs to increase local aggregate demand and discourage imports to achieve a macroeconomic objective of balance of payments.
Quota is a problem for importer because although there are no changes in the tax but government impose a physical limit on the import of certain goods whose local demand is decreasing so that local firms may not be forced out of business.
Awesome man thanks! Actually I am a Science and a Business student :)

Reaction score
Cryptids Interest and amount of money are different in overdraft and bank loan? Right?

Reaction score
Cryptids Interest and amount of money are different in overdraft and bank loan? Right?
Really sorry for late reply !
Amount of money seems perfect but what have you written about interest?
Interest is charged on both !

Reaction score
Really sorry for late reply !
Amount of money seems perfect but what have you written about interest?
Interest is charged on both !
About Interest rates! Different on both! High on overdrafts and comparatively low on loans as repayment period is long.

Reaction score
hey there
there are a few questions that i'd like answers to
1- about the ways of promotion part in business o level paper 2
could we write promotions such as tv,newspapers and personally sellings ?

for paper 1 now ,what could be the problems of importing ?
could they be ,1- high duties and tarrifs ,2-defaults or delays made by the exporter. 3-high storage space needed overheads etc for importing in large quantities ,4-travelling cost ie ports or warehouses maybe far away

Reaction score
hey there
could they be ,1- high duties and tarrifs ,2-defaults or delays made by the exporter. 3-high storage space needed overheads etc for importing in large quantities ,4-travelling cost ie ports or warehouses maybe far away

yup its correct

Reaction score
hey there

Yeah looks correct!
I wrote about tariffs and quotas in importing problems.
In promotion i wrote about sponsorship, advertisement through leaflets and price cuts :)

Reaction score
Yeah looks correct!
I wrote about tariffs and quotas in importing problems.
In promotion i wrote about sponsorship, advertisement through leaflets and price cuts :)

haha thanks ,i was going all eager to know about the answers to these :)