• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Business Studies HELP Needed

Reaction score
My tips for business studies( I've usually always scored 85% +) -
1) Talk about what you know. In Paper 1, the 6 mark questions will involve a term. For instance, if they ask whether a business should takeover its competitor. You need to show that you know what a takeover is
2) Have a for and against side- Your knowledge and analysis should talk from both the sides. You should have 2 points for knowledge. For instance, in the question about the takeover, your 2 knowledge points will come from knowing what a takeover is, and 2 of its impacts on a business. The good impact is that the business will have a higher market share and recognition. The negative impact is that the business may grow too large, leading to diseconomies of scale.
3) Once you talk about a side, continue to develop it. In the previous point, I said that the takeover would lead to the business having a larger market share or reputation. Now I will develop the point for the analysis mark- The business will thus become more competitive. Higher recognition means that more potential customers are attracted the business and the level of sales will rise. This will make the business more profitable.
Once I'm done developing the for side, I will develop the against side. So in order to introduce it, I will just use the word 'however' after I have talked about the for side:-
However, there may be management problems created by the takeover. The business organization may grow too big. As a result, there may be duplication of work, and inefficiency in the organisation. This will cause the business to incur more costs, and it may lead to demotivation.

4) Justification- Once you have portrayed your for or against case, you have to present your case. You can involve yourself. So it should look something like this:-
I believe that the company XYZ should go ahead with the takeover. This is because, the management problems created are short term, and the problem can be easily solved with an efficient management. In the long run, the increased recognition and market share will definitely allow the company to grow and perform well.

I hope this helps :D and do like this if it helps you. If you have any questions you can pm me or post them here :D

My sister was thanking you for THIS!!! Her exam went good and i hope everyone's was good too, and whatever you mentioned did come in the exam (almost) wow! Do you have any guesses for Economics too? And thankyou once again!!! You are great

Reaction score
My sister was thanking you for THIS!!! Her exam went good and i hope everyone's was good too, and whatever you mentioned did come in the exam (almost) wow! Do you have any guesses for Economics too? And thankyou once again!!! You are great
Haha, I'm so glad I could help her, and I hope she gets A*. I'm sorry, I dont take economics :(.

The exam went pretty good. Hoping for 65/80+ for this paper. I should have prepared a bit more on the advantages of part time/full time workers. However it was a good paper, and the application to the case study was really easy to carry out.

Reaction score
Haha, I'm so glad I could help her, and I hope she gets A*. I'm sorry, I dont take economics :(.

The exam went pretty good. Hoping for 65/80+ for this paper. I should have prepared a bit more on the advantages of part time/full time workers. However it was a good paper, and the application to the case study was really easy to carry out.
yep i thought the same .. and my friend did tell me about full time and part time workers he said it was the content that was added
i just forgot to learn :/ im expecting 60+ in this paper and 70+ in paper 1 hope i get it please pray for me :)

Reaction score

Yea I gotta thank you too, it would've gone much worse if I didn't have your tips

Reaction score

I hope the same for you too =)
Oh its okay she is almost done with economics =)
Hope you get A* too =D