• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Business Studies & Economics..Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
if fixed cost cost & variable cost in data & we have to calculate gross & net profit so what is the cost of goods sold & expenses in it?

Reaction score
if fixed cost cost & variable cost in data & we have to calculate gross & net profit so what is the cost of goods sold & expenses in it?
other information needs to be given
GROSS PROFIT= SALES REVENUE - COST OF GOODS SOLD
NET PROFIT= GROSS PROFIT- OVERHEADS

Reaction score
I am so tensed ....just a week to go for exams to start..and i havent even begun studying thoroughly yet...
i m so confused whether to read the text books or just do smart work by going through past papers....please help...!!!:unsure:

Reaction score
I am so tensed ....just a week to go for exams to start..and i havent even begun studying thoroughly yet...
i m so confused whether to read the text books or just do smart work by going through past papers....please help...!!!:unsure:
i think doing past papers will be the smarter option!!

Reaction score
Hey any doubts or problems you have...feel free to post! :)
hi i'm gonna appear for my igcse exams this october-november session.....!! business studies paper 2 is on 8th nov
i neeeeeeed the formula list (the accounting chapter) badly
please help me out.....!!!!:cry::cry::cry:

Reaction score
Igcse May/June 2009 q1 (e)....Please Help....
This change would have major implications for the business that would need consideration:
• how important are labour costs in relation to total costs (i.e. what would be saved)
• where are markets situated (distribution costs)
• entry into markets (barriers etc.)
• local labour laws and local health and safety legislation
• communication problems
On balance such a move unlikely to be beneficial given that flow production is capital
intensive. However other costs savings also possible.
Identification of relevant factors (2)
Analysis of factors (2)
Evaluation of factors (2)
Thus an answer that states benefits and disadvantages is awarded (2). Explaining how these
factors operate gains two further marks (2). Judgement of the importance of these factors
also gains (2). A one sided answer gains maximum of 5 as the question demands a
consideration of benefits and disadvantages. (There needs to be some qualifying comment
of a comparative nature to gain 6 marks.)
Example. Drink Well might gain from the decision because it would pay less wages to its
workers. However it might have to recruit new workers who do not have the necessary skills
(2 marks). If the answer then went on to say ‘Drink Well might have to spend money on
training the new workers and this would increase its costs. Analysis (2). Thus the cost
savings on wages might be exceeded by the extra recruitment and training costs so it might
not be a wise decision. Evaluation (2) Answers might focus on wider issues such as
distribution costs to markets might increase. In essence the move reduces wage costs but
increases (changes) other costs. Identification of what is affected is knowledge (2). Showing
how it is affected is analysis (2). Drawing some conclusions from the analysis represents
judgement (2). It does not matter which way the answer argues as long as the reasoning is
supported.

this would gain you full marks :)