• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Business Studies 21

Reaction score
How was is guys?
NO DISCUSSION.

Mine was easy I answered everything correctly, I hope :D

Reaction score
yaa..it was freaking easy
i am glad i ddnt study before..otherwise it would have been a waste of time! :p

yalla el7 it went well

its just that the grade boundries is gonna be soooo high up

Reaction score
I JUST DID AMAZINGLY AMAZINGG !! just the last 2 questions i wrote anything without knowing what im writing cuz 5 mins left for them xD

Reaction score
it was so awesome to everyone..good for you guyz
i mean it was so easy everything and then in the easiest calculation question i messed up really bad..why?, i don't know i guess i just complicate things
i just hope i don't lose more than those stupid 12 marks :(

Reaction score
i lost straight 6 marks in da 1st question...:/
it asked how to measure da success and i rote abt da size! :/

oder dan dat it was good doe i didnt like da paper, it was boring

Reaction score
oh same mistake i also did i rote about size......i think everyone from our center rote same size........................

Reaction score
yellitgirl said:

Actually it is correct as business is successful and is able to grow and expand their organization. IT IS DEFINITELY RIGHT. :)

Reaction score
Dude, The Meaning Of Fair Trade Was Given In The Question......
My Answers Were Either
1. Public Reputation
2. Choclate Delight Owners Morale

Reaction score
I wrote that
1) No Child Labour Used and farmers are paid minimum set wage, thus building their reputations.
2) It is inspected, thus made sure no law is broken hence attracting environmentally concerned customers.

I know this is going to sound stupid, but I might have lost a few marks in the breakeven question :/

Reaction score
I wrote:

Creates an maintains a company image..
Makes sure that they are not subjected to pressure groups and bad publicity.

Reaction score
PUSHPAK1321 said:
yellitgirl said:

Actually it is correct as business is successful and is able to grow and expand their organization. IT IS DEFINITELY RIGHT. :)
no ts not correct yaar. when dey ask about success, we have to mention ratios, profitability and productivity.
i mentioned: calculating the profit. see the number of employees working, measuring the capital invested in d business. :/
anyways it was okay :)

Reaction score
actually if u mention size but also write in the explanation that it is a very poor way of judging success due to the triviality of size as a large company will obviously be a profitable one however it may not be succesfull then i think u might be able to attain your marks however i didnt risk it and wrote other things.

Reaction score
the last question was the best because i do Economics and the last question was a basic economics question and i completely murdered that last question, if thers any question im sure of full marks then its that last question.

Reaction score
xIshtar said:
I wrote:

actually the two points are quite similar because if the company has a good image it will protect itself from pressure groups and likewise if the company is being presuurised by pressure groups then it will obviously come with a bad image. u possibly could get the mark if the examiner is leniant however i think it would be better if u just said to insure higher qualoty due to the inspections.

Reaction score
ok, umm i LITERALLY SUCk at business and i really dont know how but i feel like i did well in this paper !!
but i screwed up in 2 questions.. the one with break even and about why they dont let children work.

Reaction score
Wat did u write for the machine A & B Plz tell Brief?????? EXams Are over???

Reaction score
that was an easy question as all the information was given in the question and all that was left to do was to do the calculations such as 0.1 A and 0.05 B which was the labour cost per unit and also use other values already given in the case study and any other calculations you felt necessary and decide in your opinion which u thought was best.

I put Machine B as being best because even though the output was greater for A and A was cheaper that was only usefull for a short period of time as machine B was wayyyy more Effitient and as such would be better over a long period of time. however thers no correct answer and if u elaborate on the reasons u would choose for the other machine full marks are attainable however u must cintrast o the other Machine..

Reaction score
ayusuf1234 said:
xIshtar said:
I wrote:

actually the two points are quite similar because if the company has a good image it will protect itself from pressure groups and likewise if the company is being presuurised by pressure groups then it will obviously come with a bad image. u possibly could get the mark if the examiner is leniant however i think it would be better if u just said to insure higher qualoty due to the inspections.

With the two different approaches, I focused on different things. Ie, in the first one I focused on how seeming fair will help sales etc.
In the second point, I only mentioned what bad publicity would do to the sales, and why they would want to avoid it.
So I guess they seem the same from overviews, but my explanations were completely different.