• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

BUSINESS PAPER 22

Reaction score
It cud be even lassiez-faire I guess as he was basing his decisions on votes rather than what is actually good for business.
And also was not having the quality of a Disturbance Handler.

Reaction score
For labour turnover I got 18(.2?)%??? :O
I took current workforce which was 52 I think and added 12 the total laborers left during previous year.. so divided 12/64 x100 to get the turnover. Did I do it wrong??!!

Reaction score
What points and conclusion did you people write about the impact of relocating abroad on the profitability of the business in q1.
And impact on stakeholders, changing from batch production to mass customization?

Reaction score
What points and conclusion did you people write about the impact of relocating abroad on the profitability of the business in q1.
And impact on stakeholders, changing from batch production to mass customization?

Il get to this qstn tomarow

Reaction score
I wrote about exchange rate changes (a depreciation would make it more profitable), the level of competition (because of large number of competitors the demand would become price-elastic, so should decrease the unit price to increase the total revenue) and that workforce would need to retrain which might demotivate them and result in falling productivity (inefficiency; lower output = lower sales = lower revenue = lower profits eventually)

In the stakeholder part I wrote about the employees, the community and the management. Some employees would be made redundant and some will have to retrain. There might be creation of jobs for skilled workers to incorporate CAM successfully so society will benefit. The management will have to change their leadership style. Also the Finance manager will have to arrange money for the new site, an optimal location decision will need to be arrived at, and now the managers will feel more important and prestigious moving into the international market.

Reaction score
My teacher says the leadership style was democratic, but paternalistic may also be acceptable as an alternative. Laissez faire and autocratic are definitely wrong.

Reaction score
But come to think of it, they were using job production and switching to mass customisation. There would still be some degree of personalisation in the products. Therefore it is important that the workers stay motivated and do a variety of tasks. An autocratic style may not be the most appropriate, because it means that the Managing Director would tell them what to do and how to go about their tasks. But that's just me. Thoughts?

Reaction score
But come to think of it, they were using job production and switching to mass customisation. There would still be some degree of personalisation in the products. Therefore it is important that the workers stay motivated and do a variety of tasks. An autocratic style may not be the most appropriate, because it means that the Managing Director would tell them what to do and how to go about their tasks. But that's just me. Thoughts?

Idk but we had to talk abt the points which they gave seperately we had to taalk abt those points and evaluate them

Reaction score
For that question I wrote currently its Democratic, and could even be Laissez Faire to some extent. Suggested a paternalistic or autocratic style. As workers are inefficient a paternalistic approach would keep them motivated and leave the important/strategic decisions to the top management.

Reaction score
In the Q where we had to describe them impact on stakeholders of a switch from the current production method to mass customization, I included the details and benefits plus some disadvantages of both the methods. And then I realized we have to mention the impact on stakeholders, I tried to include as many as I could think off, but it was brief as time was running out. Suppliers, Environment, the business/managers, customers, etc. I missed a few, for example competitors.

Reaction score
since the question was for 10 marks, i evaluated that it was a combination of democratic and paternalistic leadership syle

Reaction score
In the Q where we had to describe them impact on stakeholders of a switch from the current production method to mass customization, I included the details and benefits plus some disadvantages of both the methods. And then I realized we have to mention the impact on stakeholders, I tried to include as many as I could think off, but it was brief as time was running out. Suppliers, Environment, the business/managers, customers, etc. I missed a few, for example competitors.

I suppose that we were just expected to take 2 stakeholders into consideration and further elaborate the impact on them.