• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Business paper 22

Reaction score
Look its quite simple...

heres an example

what is more usfeull to a bank manager a cash flow or a balance sheet

1)write the defentition of the terms asked

2)Advantages and disadvantages of a cashflow

3)advantages and disadvantages of a balance sheet,,

4)evalute which one is more useful

5)justify why u chose

this is usually the pattern for the 12 mark questions and the 10 mark questions

Hope that Helped :)

Reaction score
Look its quite simple...

heres an example

what is more usfeull to a bank manager a cash flow or a balance sheet

1)write the defentition of the terms asked

2)Advantages and disadvantages of a cashflow

3)advantages and disadvantages of a balance sheet,,

4)evalute which one is more useful

5)justify why u chose

this is usually the pattern for the 12 mark questions and the 10 mark questions

Hope that Helped :)
If you would have chosen that cash flow is more important for your evaluation, how many advantages and disdavantages would you give for the balance sheet and cash flow?

Reaction score
If you would have chosen that cash flow is more important for your evaluation, how many advantages and disdavantages would you give for the balance sheet and cash flow?
I would give 3 advantages and 3 disadvantages well explained even 2 for each will work if it explains itself well!!! ;)

Reaction score
what are the advantages and dsadvantages?:S
Here Are Some For You..Make Sure You Understand Them And Be Able To Explain Them Further.

Advantages of Cash Flow Statement:
1. It helps the newly formed companies to know their inflow and outflow of cash.
2. It helps the investors to judge whether the company is financially sound or not.
3. It helps the company to know whether it will be able to cover the payroll and other expenses.
4. It helps the lenders to know the company’s ability to repay.
5. A cash flow statement is provided on monthly basis or quarterly basis or six monthly basis or yearly basis.
6. These statements help to have an accurate analysis of the firm’s ability to meet its current liabilities.
7. A cash flow statement is helpful for planning and managing future financial commitments.
8. A cash flow statement summarizes the company’s cash receipts and cash payments over a period of time.
9. It is useful for determining the short term ability of the concern to meet its liabilities as it does not include non cash items.
10. A cash flow statement gives vital information not only about the company’s performance but also about its major activities during the year.

Disadvantages of Cash Flow Statement:
1. By itself, it cannot provide a complete analysis of the financial position of the firm.
2. It can be interpreted only when it is in confirmation with other financial statements and other analytical tools like ratio analysis.

Reaction score
I would give 3 advantages and 3 disadvantages well explained even 2 for each will work if it explains itself well!!! ;)
3 advantages and disadvantages of cashflow and then 3 advantages and disadvantages of balance sheet...that would be 12 in all..that wouldnt even fit in if you explain.

Reaction score
Guyz Here Are Some Notes From A British Professor For IGCSE Business Studies.. He Has Summarized Them Nicely It Helped Me Alot :)

Attachments

• business-studies-revision-notes-1.doc
    28.5 KB · Views: 105
  • business-studies-revision-notes-2.doc
    28 KB · Views: 70
  • business-studies-revision-notes-3.doc
    30.5 KB · Views: 63
  • business-studies-revision-notes-4.doc
    30 KB · Views: 62
  • business-studies-revision-notes-5.doc
    30.5 KB · Views: 58
  • business-studies-revision-notes-7.doc
    28.5 KB · Views: 61
  • business-studies-revision-notes-14.doc
    28 KB · Views: 58
  • business-studies-revision-notes-15.doc
    28 KB · Views: 60
Reaction score
3 advantages and disadvantages of cashflow and then 3 advantages and disadvantages of balance sheet...that would be 12 in all..that wouldnt even fit in if you explain.
Well I Just Told 3!!! Anyways stating only the advantages and disadvantages will not work, you will have to evaluate further to say which one is more useful for a question like that one..For Example I Would Say Both Are Important Because They Have There Own Benefits!!!!

Reaction score
Well I Just Told 3!!! Anyways stating only the advantages and disadvantages will not work, you will have to evaluate further to say which one is more useful for a question like that one..For Example I Would Say Both Are Important Because They Have There Own Benefits!!!!
woahhhhh...sorry for asking a question..LOL.

Reaction score
Thanx for the help though.Will try to see if I can find other notes for revision bcuz I think I'm done with studying..R u done?
Well i am pretty much done..i guess , but still eager to study more :p.. But I have to say that I completely lost interest in reading the book so i started watching lecture videos based on business studies!!!! And Also Reading Notes