• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Business Paper 12

Reaction score
It surely was an easy paper.
About the factors which affected profitability, I wrote about economic turn ups and down, like recession and boom in an economy and how they increase the spending power of the people and that the ethical acceptance of the product e.g. people in Pakistan won't prefer eating pork. Well, what do you think? Does these points affects the profitability of the business?

Reaction score
It surely was an easy papers.
About the factors when affected profitability, I wrote economic turn ups and down, like recession and boom in an economy and how they increase the spending power of the people and that the ethical acceptance of the product e.g. people in Pakistan won't prefer eating pork. Well, what do you think? Does these points affects the profitability of the business?

It depends according to the examiner

Reaction score
How does it depends according to the examiner? They mark the answers on the same criteria. I mean, it definitely depends on the examiner but don't the students already know what's right or wrong or that they'd rely on the examiner to tell them what's right and wrong? That's not a right statement love.

Hmmm okay btwn but u knw they wud correct it if they felt that ur answer was appropriate

Reaction score
How does it depends according to the examiner? They mark the answers on the same criteria. I mean, it definitely depends on the examiner but don't the students already know what's right or wrong or that they'd rely on the examiner to tell them what's right and wrong? That's not a right statement love.

You don't get your answer scripts (until you apply for re-evaluation, of course) so u don't know how they correct. Each examiner will have a different pattern of correcting and grading the paper. If the examiner is lenient, then s/he may give marks even if you beat around the bush, which would not be the case with a strict examiner.

Last edited:
Reaction score
For 4b the operation management question, I also wrote about using newer efficient methods of production to reduce costs.

Reaction score
Well I didn't write about change in objectives due to recession but wrote something like, when a business is newly formed it might have different objectives - survival and growth first and foremost.
When the business is well established its objectives might change to increasing share value, greater managerial benefits, entering new markets etc.
I also stated a business that might be using price skimming would shift to penetration pricing on new entrants in the market.
Wasn't so sure about this question, so I tried adding some other points too.

Reaction score
Well I didn't write about change in objectives due to recession but wrote something like, when a business is newly formed it might have different objectives - survival and growth first and foremost.
When the business is well established its objectives might change to increasing share value, greater managerial benefits, entering new markets etc.
I also stated a business that might be using price skimming would shift to penetration pricing on new entrants in the market.
Wasn't so sure about this question, so I tried adding some other points too.

Even ur answer is correct i actually was going thru some past papers and MS the previous night so i came across this answer in the MS so i wrote it and gave a sound explnation

Reaction score
Benefits of team working to production workers and managers... what points did everyone write? And how long was the answer... mine was one and a half pages long.

Reaction score
What did you people write for why could a bushiness's objectives change over time?
I at first explained what objectives are.
Then at first, I gave the factor that the manager's thinking could have changed over time as it may have started the business with the aim of satisficing the profits (i.e. profit satisficing) but then with the constant success of the business, it might have changed into profit maximisation.
I forgot the other factor I gave. But, what do you think about the first one?

Reaction score
Oh yes I wrote about profit satisfying too though I didn't use the proper term. And later on objectives changing to increasing sales revenues and profits.

I got confused what the question was really asking for so I wrote quite a few points as I thought all these points were examples and not really an explanation.

Reaction score
I wr
I wrote about the optimal location as well as it can help a business incur least possible fixed costs with the ease of having less transport costs for employees and supplies and another point being about stock management to have the least possible stock out and holding costs. And yes, workforce planning is what HRM handles.[/qu
I wrote about the optimal location as well as it can help a business incur least possible fixed costs with the ease of having less transport costs for employees and supplies and another point being about stock management to have the least possible stock out and holding costs. And yes, workforce planning is what HRM handles.
i wrote about being effecient during production and adding value to the production process will that be correct ?

Reaction score
Mine was of the same length. The length never matters, it'
Benefits of team working to production workers and managers... what points did everyone write? And how long was the answer... mine was one and a half pages long.
s the content which does. I started with the definition of team working and then gave an example of it which was quality circles and also said that it comes under non-financial motivators as identified by Abraham Maslow in social needs in his hierarchy of needs.
Then I gave several point including motivation, recognition and status and bla blah.
I concluded by giving the advantages of it for managers as they'd help decrease labour turnover, absenteeism, grievances, gives a good response rate and higher productivity to the firm. I overall wrote a good answer.

Reaction score
In section b I mentioned constant feedback as an advantage of team working is it okay? Preparing input resources and purchasing of the raw materials are the functions of the operation management isy

Reaction score
In section b I mentioned constant feedback as an advantage of team working is it okay? Preparing input resources and purchasing of the raw materials are the functions of the operation management isy
Constant feedback is a good point, only if you've explained it with good context while applying the explanation on the PRODUCTION workers and managers.