• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

BSc Economics

Reaction score
IBA I think.
IBA offers BSc in Economics and Maths. For Accounting, there's this BSc in Accounting and Finance course and that's separate from Eco and Maths one. :p So you still have to make choices between accounts and economics.

Reaction score
IBA offers BSc in Economics and Maths. For Accounting, there's this BSc in Accounting and Finance course and that's separate from Eco and Maths one. :p So you still have to make choices between accounts and economics.
Hate acc Economics done. Now what?

Reaction score
Hate acc Economics done. Now what?

Dont you think Economics is gonna dry up every corner of your mind and is quite boring?
Unless you really enjoy going in the depth, I wouldnt prefer pursuing in Economics.
An economics undergraduate degree is going to pave you the doors for a lecturer/teacher or the rare profession of economist.
If you wanna become a teacher, no prob.
I have rarely seen any economists of any multinational firms(although i've heard about that).

On the other hand,
BSc Fin andAcc is going to give you a lot more.
Firstly, the graduates are quite practical with their lives.
Plus this is gonna give more chances such as going for CFA,MBA or claiming the exemptions from ICAP.
A Phd in economics, on the other hand, doesnt seem as valuable unless you join a multi-national or serve in the public sector.
An economist does not himself has any options on his own...he has to remain in service for others.

Reaction score
So I should go for Fin and Acc with Maths?
I threw my heart out. I aint a career counsellor but i've given out what i believe.
Consult others and most importantly yourself.

Btw i think BS ECO and MATHS does include "maths" at IBA ... right??

I dunno whether Fin and ACC also has maths (i think it might be having the basic one)

Reaction score
So I should go for Fin and Acc with Maths?
I threw my heart out. I aint a career counsellor but i've given out what i believe.
Consult others and most importantly yourself.

Btw i think BS ECO and MATHS does include "maths" at IBA ... right??

I dunno whether Fin and ACC also has maths (i think it might be having the basic one)

Reaction score
Dont you think Economics is gonna dry up every corner of your mind and is quite boring?
Unless you really enjoy going in the depth, I wouldnt prefer pursuing in Economics.
An economics undergraduate degree is going to pave you the doors for a lecturer/teacher or the rare profession of economist.
If you wanna become a teacher, no prob.
I have rarely seen any economists of any multinational firms(although i've heard about that).

On the other hand,
BSc Fin andAcc is going to give you a lot more.
Firstly, the graduates are quite practical with their lives.
Plus this is gonna give more chances such as going for CFA,MBA or claiming the exemptions from ICAP.
A Phd in economics, on the other hand, doesnt seem as valuable unless you join a multi-national or serve in the public sector.
An economist does not himself has any options on his own...he has to remain in service for others.
Many people find economics boring, I don't understand why? And I kinda agree that I've never seen economist working in any multi-national. But there's always room for doing 2 things at once, example: BSc Economics + CIMA.

Reaction score
Many people find economics boring, I don't understand why? And I kinda agree that I've never seen economist working in any multi-national. But there's always room for doing 2 things at once, example: BSc Economics + CIMA.
BSc Economics + CIMA = ????
I love Economics <3