• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

BSc Economics

Reaction score
What is the scope for BSc Economics in Pakistan if done from 'LUMS'? Furthermore, what job can a person do after graduation?

Reaction score
What is the scope for BSc Economics in Pakistan if done from 'LUMS'? Furthermore, what job can a person do after graduation?
Economics today tackles a broad range of problems.

A first degree in economics (especially from LUMS) provides an excellent preparation for a range of careers. You can pursue careers in the financial sector, for example in banking and financial services, analytical and trading fields, advising on mergers and acquisitions, or choose to join international organisations; to become professional accountants and auditors, or to take up positions as economic or management consultants. You may also choose to go on to graduate study, not only in economics but also in finance, management, development and other fields.

Reaction score
IT WON'T BE A VERY WISE CHOICE.. mostly Bsc ECONOMICS I HAVE SEEN works as school teachers, especially if you do it from Uni of Karachi or falls in similar disastrous.But from LUMS or a foreign uni, you can go for civil services(local uni) and for multinationals for management posts.

Reaction score
Economics today tackles a broad range of problems.

A first degree in economics (especially from LUMS) provides an excellent preparation for a range of careers. You can pursue careers in the financial sector, for example in banking and financial services, analytical and trading fields, advising on mergers and acquisitions, or choose to join international organisations; to become professional accountants and auditors, or to take up positions as economic or management consultants. You may also choose to go on to graduate study, not only in economics but also in finance, management, development and other fields.
I see. I didn't get when you mentioned about auditing and accountants. Those are completely different fields from Economics, right? And moreover, that's just undergraduation plan. What I'm planning to aim at is MBA after BSc in Economics provided that both are to be done by either foreign or reputable institutes like IBA or LUMS.

Reaction score
IT WON'T BE A VERY WISE CHOICE.. mostly Bsc ECONOMICS I HAVE SEEN works as school teachers, especially if you do it from Uni of Karachi or falls in similar disastrous.But from LUMS or a foreign uni, you can go for civil services(local uni) and for multinationals for management posts.
Yes, I know that. :)
Of course I don't want to work as a teacher when considering about my career.

Reaction score
I see. I didn't get when you mentioned about auditing and accountants. Those are completely different fields from Economics, right? And moreover, that's just undergraduation plan. What I'm planning to aim at is MBA after BSc in Economics provided that both are to be done by either foreign or reputable institutes like IBA or LUMS.
You can top up with an accountancy degree and blend up your skills. Solely an Economics degree wont benefit you if you only study from Pakistan until and unless you top up a degree with it or go to West for a Masters in Economics, or prepare yourself for a career in teaching. I am afraid that this course that this has had been the case for 60% of Pakistanis.

http://www.linkedin.com/profile/vie...2_*2_*2_*2_*2&pvs=ps&trk=pp_profile_name_link
For instance: Anam Sami in UAE did BA Economics from Manchester University and then did CFA and ACCA in UAE and has recently scored top in the world in ACCA F4 and F8 Exams.

Reaction score
You can top up with an accountancy degree and blend up your skills. Solely an Economics degree wont benefit you if you only study from Pakistan until and unless you top up a degree with it or go to West for a Masters in Economics, or prepare yourself for a career in teaching. I am afraid that this course that this has had been the case for 60% of Pakistanis.

http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=202119931&authType=NAME_SEARCH&authToken=nX-_&locale=en_US&srchid=d641faed-bcab-452e-868f-2951020e9835-0&srchindex=1&srchtotal=1&goback=.fps_PBCK_*1_Anam_Sami_*1_*1_*1_*1_*2_*1_Y_*1_*1_*1_false_1_R_*1_*51_*1_*51_true_*1_ae:0_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2&pvs=ps&trk=pp_profile_name_link
For instance: Anam Sami in UAE did BA Economics from Manchester University and then did CFA and ACCA in UAE and has recently scored top in the world in ACCA F4 and F8 Exams.
What about CIMA with BSc Economics?

Reaction score
if you love applied maths in general you will excel in this field as far as job prospects are concerned it is one of the best degree to have with lot of credentials from employers point of view..with salary going in six figures..and flexibility it gives you like you can switch to go in acturial science /mba/public policy/government/.development/finance and accounting/sociology..for more info search in google..:) cheers

Reaction score
if you love applied maths in general you will excel in this field as far as job prospects are concerned it is one of the best degree to have with lot of credentials from employers point of view..with salary going in six figures..and flexibility it gives you like you can switch to go in acturial science /mba/public policy/government/.development/finance and accounting/sociology..for more info search in google..:) cheers
what about BS Eco and Maths from IBA?

Reaction score
it is a awesome program :) but it would cost you 4 years instead of 3 if u do bachlors from foreign university. i would recommend you to do economics with finance from university of london (distance learning same fees as iba/takes 3 years) but it depends if you love maths more than account or vice versa

Reaction score
Well I was thinking of that, I attended open day of IBA and there was a program of BS Economics and Maths.
are u an as level student or a2 if you are an as level student wait till you give the papers you will realize by yourself where your passion lies ..till then stay calm study and enjoy your life thinking about career may but extra pressure for now :)

Reaction score
Well I was thinking of that, I attended open day of IBA and there was a program of BS Economics and Maths.
i also attended their open house
they announced that they were to begin BSc finance and accounts but theres no sign of it in the admission section for fall 2013 on the website