• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Book to read for O'level Islamiat

Reaction score
Should I read "Mastering O'level Islamiat" instead of "Islam: Belief and Practices by Yasmin Malik" first? I have enough time in my hands to read only one of these books. In your opinion, which one should I do? Which book will give me a pretty good understanding of the topic whilst giving me the key points that will aid me in attempting questions (provided that the passage guarantees and understanding of the topic).

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Islamiat books by Farkhando Noor and David.R.Thomas are more than enough. Yasmin Malik's book is too in-depth, in my honest opinion.

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Really? I thought Farkhanda Noor's was the most in-depth book.
True, but only for some chapters. Chapters like the Four Caliphs and the one on Hadith-Collectors are too in-depth. But Yasmin Malik's book has other boards' contents as well; Farkhanda Noor's book is solely based on CIE syllabus. The language in F.N is quite simple. So that's another plus point.

Reaction score
True, but only for some chapters. Chapters like the Four Caliphs and the one on Hadith-Collectors are too in-depth. But Yasmin Malik's books has other boards' contents as well; Farkhanda Noor's book is solely based on CIE syllabus. Plus, the language in F.N is quite simple. So that's another plus point.
Alrighty, thanks, and what are your opinions on Mastering O'level Islamiat?

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Alrighty, thanks, and what are your opinions on Mastering O'level Islamiat?
I remember downloading this book from some website for free. I just read a few chapters from it. It wasn't bad.
For prophet's life, consult F.N book; For the history and importance of ahadith, consult David.R. Thomas' book.

Reaction score
For Ahadith and Quranic Passages :Mustafa Draper
For Biography: When the Moon Split and you can consult Farkhunda Noor
For other topics: Consult all the books

P.S When the Moon Split is just good in Biography dont refer it for any other topics

BEST OF LUCK!!!

Reaction score
Hey can anyone give me things tht can give me 9-10 marks in the 10 mark
question plz

Reaction score
My
Islamiat books by Farkhando Noor and David.R.Thomas are more than enough. Yasmin Malik's book is too in-depth, in my honest opinion.
friend Farkhanda noor has some material wrong that is on pa#135 if you see the abdullah bin umar Headding it is written that he was the second largest compiler of Ahadis and he has more than 1630 or something else ahadis and in the section of Hazrat Aisha (R.A) It is written she compiled more than 2000 ahadis. So hazrat aisha shoul be the second biggest narrator of ahadis

Reaction score
Should I read "Mastering O'level Islamiat" instead of "Islam: Belief and Practices by Yasmin Malik" first? I have enough time in my hands to read only one of these books. In your opinion, which one should I do? Which book will give me a pretty good understanding of the topic whilst giving me the key points that will aid me in attempting questions (provided that the passage guarantees and understanding of the topic).
Yasmeen Malik book But take MO as your second reference

Reaction score
Is there a problem in Yasmin Malik book? Its written in 625 AD that Charter of the christian was made though it seems impossible. How could they seek protection from a city who itself was under attack (Battle of Uhud and Ahzab). I googled and found out that it happened in 628 AD. So still I am not sure but if ever anyone asks me this question I will go for 628 AD. Please tell me waht do u think is correct 625 Ad or 628 Ad

Reaction score
Is there a problem in Yasmin Malik book? Its written in 625 AD that Charter of the christian was made though it seems impossible. How could they seek protection from a city who itself was under attack (Battle of Uhud and Ahzab). I googled and found out that it happened in 628 AD. So still I am not sure but if ever anyone asks me this question I will go for 628 AD. Please tell me waht do u think is correct 625 Ad or 628 Ad

Reaction score