• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Bond angles in Chemistry?

Reaction score
I was wondering what would be the appropriate way to write bond angles in chem paper 2.

For example, say you have to find the H-C-H bond angle in CH2=C=O.
I would write 120 degrees. However, the mark scheme gives a range of 117-120. Do I have to state the range in my answer or does that just mean my answer has to be in that range?

All help appreciated!

Reaction score
one more thing guys..
why is C-Cl bond the weakest when compared to C-H and C-F
...for C-F what i thnk is bcz F is more electronegative, it attracts the bonded pair towards itself n so more strength of the bond, is it right?...but why C-Cl is bein chosen over C-H?? ! :S

Reaction score
Cl atom is larger than C and F, as a result C-Cl bond length is greater, therefore bond enthalpy is less..........yeah, thats about it :p

Reaction score
Feelguud77 said:
Cl atom is larger than C and F, as a result C-Cl bond length is greater, therefore bond enthalpy is less..........yeah, thats about it :p
hell yeah thats it! :O
i wonder why this thing never hit me before! =.=
anywayss thankss alot! =)

Reaction score
I was wondering what would be the appropriate way to write bond angles in chem paper 2.

For example, say you have to find the H-C-H bond angle in CH2=C=O.
I would write 120 degrees. However, the mark scheme gives a range of 117-120. Do I have to state the range in my answer or does that just mean my answer has to be in that range?

All help appreciated!
How do you find the 120 degrees in the first place? I simply don't know how to do questions like these! :/