• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Birthday List of the community!!

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
AsSalamoAlaikum Wr Wb!

Happy moments should be celebrated bro, but it's up to u,,
happy moment?
m coming closer to the day when I'll be leaving this world.... :cry:
How is it a happy moment? :cry:

The first two verses from Surah Ambiya frighten me every birthday:
“Closer has come to mankind their day of accounts and they are still heedless! They listen with ridicule to each fresh warning that comes to them from their Lord and remain engaged in the sports!”
(World cup cricket, Grand Slams Olympics, World cup Soccer…..)
The Surah further reminds us the plight of a few nations before us who were humiliated and driven out of the world through a dreadful punishment, never can they come back.
Next time when some one wishes you a happy birthday, ask him: “Are you happy that I have lost a precious year form my life and I am on the way to death”?
Source: http://xeniagreekmuslimah.wordpress...celebrate-my-birthday-by-nisaar-y-nadiadwala/
[I haven't seen this blog fully, so I take no responsibility, if in case there's any wrong stuff in there...]

P.S. This post is intended just to create awareness, nothing else. Alhumdulilah we're Muslims, and there are certain matters which we need to give a deeper look..!

Reaction score
AsSalamoAlaikum Wr Wb!

happy moment?

Source: http://xeniagreekmuslimah.wordpress...celebrate-my-birthday-by-nisaar-y-nadiadwala/
[I haven't seen this blog fully, so I take no responsibility, if in case there's any wrong stuff in there...]

P.S. This post is intended just to create awareness, nothing else. Alhumdulilah we're Muslims, and there are certain matters which we need to give a deeper look..!
I agree, but u see, we dont know that we are gonna be alive tommorow or not, it's In the hands of Allah almighty..
Celebrating birthday can be seen as according to two opinions
1. A year of my life has been lessened, but when u say this, dont u think that who knows that you would have been alive for this time unless according to the will of Allah? How can you say that a year has been lessened? you should be thankful to Allah that he kept u alive for the prev year instead of thinking about the future, who knows that you will die within an hour or week etc?
2. I enter into a new year of my life. and thus thank Allah for giving me life and thus a chance to attain righteousness and also pray that he guides you to the correct path for the coming days of your life.

Reaction score
AsSalamoAlaikum Wr Wb!

happy moment?
AoA,
A thought from a different angle:
You are one year close to your dream goal ---> Meeting Allah S.W.T and getting close to your result day!

It is the weaker students that are afraid of results of their exams not the good students! ;)

And a MUSLIM shouldn't be afraid from death, instead he/she should love to face it.....
And death can come at any time, isnt it?

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
AsSalamoAlaikum Wr Wb!

happy moment?
..!

AoA,
A thought from a different angle:
And a MUSLIM shouldn't be afraid from death, instead he/she should love to face it.....
And death can come at any time, isnt it?

WaAlaikum ASalam wr wb,
The only thing that comes to my mind is:

Narrated 'Ubada bin As-Samit:
The Prophet said, "Who-ever loves to meet Allah, Allah (too) loves to meet him and who-ever hates to meet Allah, Allah (too) hates to meet him". 'Aisha, or some of the wives of the Prophet said, "But we dislike death." He said: It is not like this, but it is meant that when the time of the death of a believer approaches, he receives the good news of Allah's pleasure with him and His blessings upon him, and so at that time nothing is dearer to him than what is in front of him. He therefore loves the meeting with Allah, and Allah (too) loves the meeting with him. But when the time of the death of a disbeliever approaches, he receives the evil news of Allah's torment and His Requital, whereupon nothing is more hateful to him than what is before him. Therefore, he hates the meeting with Allah, and Allah too, hates the meeting with him." [BUKHARI]

I'm with Aisha (RA).. it's pretty natural to dislike death..... but we must never loose sight of death:

Allah's Messenger (saws) said, "The hearts become rusty just as iron does when water affects it." On being asked what could clear them he (saws) replied, "A great amount of remembrance of death, and the recitation of the Qur'an." (Tirmidhi).