• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

BIOLOGY!!

Reaction score
Assalamo Alaikum.

about the distribution of structural featues in gaseous exchange parts:
im my book it says that there are no goblet cells in bronchiole.
while in the question paper 2010 http://www.xtremepapers.net/CIE/Interna ... _qp_22.pdf question 5 shows that (C) which is a bronchiole has goblet cells. -_-
can someone please clear out that for me please?
thanks.

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum....!! so sorry havent done this topic yet.. :(

hope anybody cud help u soon :)

Reaction score
When i did the topic,my teacher told me that goblet cells are not present in bronchi oles.Even in the Book of S.Soper it is stated..

Reaction score
but i asked my teacher today, she said that mucus is produced by the bronchioles so it must have goblet cells :S
anyways im gonna ask her again.

Reaction score
it does have goblet cells! the name might be different but the goblet cells are there and it produces mucus. some substance in smoke stops these cells from working.

Reaction score
but if u refer to the biology book frm cambridge by mary jones, it says that there are no goblet cells in the bronchiole.

Reaction score
yes larina you are right ,in mary jones , it do states that there are no goblet cells in bronchiole but the opposite is true in sooper .
As a advice , i would recommend you to go with mary jones as it is the CIE endorsed book written by examiners and used by examiners in formulating the paper ..

Check this site for quick revision on cells .
http://adf.ly/9MOt

Reaction score
yeah i know but in the may/june 2010 paper (i've posted the link up there) in question 5, it is alrready ticked that (C), a bronchiole, has goblet cells. :roll:

Reaction score
Bronchioles have goblet cells and that' confirmed via other different books. However, I don't understand why Mary Jones doesn't say so ... :s