• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

biology practical

Reaction score
Google says:
ascorbic acid + I2 --> 2 I- + dehydroascorbic acid
Due to this reaction, the iodine formed is immediately reduced to iodide as long as there is any ascorbic acid present. Once all the ascorbic acid has been oxidised, the excess iodine is free to react with the starch indicator, forming the blue-black starch-iodine complex.

Reaction score
If i added the value of sample A in table too, so will my marks be cut. I took 5 values; A, 1, 2, 3 and 4. 1 2 3 4 were taken at o, 5, 10 and 15 mins. Is it fine in the table to gain marks. Please tell.

Reaction score
Google says:
ascorbic acid + I2 --> 2 I- + dehydroascorbic acid
Due to this reaction, the iodine formed is immediately reduced to iodide as long as there is any ascorbic acid present. Once all the ascorbic acid has been oxidised, the excess iodine is free to react with the starch indicator, forming the blue-black starch-iodine complex.
tht question was hard because we were not to supposed to hve beenn studied it and i think we didnt had to give this much informaion about the reaction
wht u think?

Reaction score
i did another paper before exam and we had to draw alveoli and the surround were were not rbc but nucleus.
wht did u draw?
Yeah right, i checked it on google, those were nuclei and i drew the same and marked nucleus at one of the wall of alveolus as you marked but i thought later that it was wrong, but now it's confirmed that it's correct.

Reaction score
tht question was hard because we were not to supposed to hve beenn studied it and i think we didnt had to give this much informaion about the reaction
wht u think?

yes right, this is far beyond everyone's reach, but i did mention that ascorbic acid breaks the iodine sol and then the excess iodine reacts with starch and it changes to blue black