• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

biology practical

Reaction score
When they say for use to draw a low or high power diagram, we must use a eyepiece graticule to have a specific scale when drawing? Or we simply draw what we see in a neat way?

Reaction score
oh man!if only i had seen this before!:'(
HERE YO GO!I CAME TO KNOW ABOUT IT FROM MY FRIEND.

*Its like Yeast in gonna be there in both Question(1&2)--->(Serial dilution and Slide)

1) We are gonna have YEAST, to which you will add 1 drop Methyl-Blue, then check under Microscope, if cells are BLUE--->then the cells are DEAD, but if cells are YELLOW--->they are LIVING.

2)They may ask to state about:-
#MODIFICATION:-Use calorimeter(to find the end-point), Repeat more than once.
#RELIABLE RESULTS:-Repeat the experiment and calculate the Mean, Increase the range of Concentrations, Record the result in shorter intervals.
#ACCURACY:-Use Stopwatch, use Digital-Thermometer, use Calorimeter, use a temperature to control Water-bath.

3)Serial-Dilution of yeast okay...

Reaction score
HERE YO GO!I CAME TO KNOW ABOUT IT FROM MY FRIEND.

*Its like Yeast in gonna be there in both Question(1&2)--->(Serial dilution and Slide)

1) We are gonna have YEAST, to which you will add 1 drop Methyl-Blue, then check under Microscope, if cells are BLUE--->then the cells are DEAD, but if cells are YELLOW--->they are LIVING.

2)They may ask to state about:-
#MODIFICATION:-Use calorimeter(to find the end-point), Repeat more than once.
#RELIABLE RESULTS:-Repeat the experiment and calculate the Mean, Increase the range of Concentrations, Record the result in shorter intervals.
#ACCURACY:-Use Stopwatch, use Digital-Thermometer, use Calorimeter, use a temperature to control Water-bath.

3)Serial-Dilution of yeast okay...
There was no serial dilution in that nor any question about reliability of results or accuracy.

Reaction score
Guys, if anyone did paper 31. For the Q2, was there any question that involves using eyepiece graticule? Or we simply draw big diagrams? And the lumen, it was the empty space in the middle right?