• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology Practical Paper 32 in 2015

Reaction score
Lazy people why don't you make the thread... :)

So how was it.
I found it alright, it's difficult to judge how well you did in a practical.

The following are what I think might be correct based on my answers during the exam as well as what my friends teachers or other sources hinted, as well as my later reflection. (basically it could be very wrong)

D1 had a polysaccharide.
D2 had lower concentration of reducing sugar
D3 had a higher concentration of reducing sugar
D4 had non reducing sugar ( :( )

For finding concentration of an unknown substance you do Benedict's test on a range of known concentration of solutions and compare color using colorimeter or your eyes.

The best fit was a curve.
6.6m/s for lg3.5
Trend is that the longer the distance the athletes have to travel the lower their average speed.
Training in high altitude places gives more red blood cells and bla bla.

Drawing I can't really explain hope you all did well :)
For the high power one my friends say you have to draw two lines to show the cell wall silly of me for not doing that :(

For comparison,
Vascular bundle located in a circle around the edge for the specimen, whereas the figure 2.2 had in centre.
The size of cortex was very thin for specimen, whereas it was larger for fig 2.2
The specimen had a pith, fig 2.2 didn't.
Many other points my friends said like xylem and phloem not being grouped together or something can't really remember.

For measurement it was like 16mm in magnified measurement so divide by 250 to get 64 micrometers.
I wrote the feature as lignified cell wall helping with strength. Others wrote about open lumen helping in transport of water.

Last question ratio it became
200:64 = 25:8
For me.

If you guys have other answers to add for specific sections please do tell I'll add them here for others' benefit. (with credits of course :) )

Reaction score

So how was it.

The following are what I think might be correct based on my answers during the exam as well as what my friends teachers or other sources hinted, as well as my later reflection. (basically it could be very wrong)

D1 had a polysaccharide.

For finding concentration of an unknown substance you do Benedict's test on a range of known concentration of solutions and compare color using colorimeter or your eyes.

6.6m/s for lg3.5
Trend is that the longer the distance the athletes have to travel the lower their average speed.

For the high power one my friends say you have to draw two lines to show the cell wall silly of me for not doing that :(

For comparison,
Vascular bundle located in a circle around the edge for the specimen, whereas the figure 2.2 had in centre.
The size of cortex was very thin for specimen, whereas it was larger for fig 2.2
Many other points my friends said like xylem and phloem not being grouped together or something can't really remember.

For measurement it was like 16mm in magnified measurement so divide by 250 to get 64 micrometers.
I wrote the feature as lignified cell wall helping with strength. Others wrote about open lumen helping in transport of water.

For me.

If you guys have other answers to add for specific sections please do tell I'll add them here for others' benefit. (with credits of course :) )
Assalamu Alaikum..
Well yea even I found the paper easy ..
And yes all my answers match the above xD

Reaction score
Haha I didn't get positive result for it being a non reducing sugar that's why I was worried!
Actually my water bath was not being heated enough I think.
Ohhh... That happens .. At first even I had the same problem .. Then I had to call my teacher, asking to increase the flame .. After that I managed to get the result properly

Reaction score

So how was it.

D1 had a polysaccharide.

6.6m/s for lg3.5

For comparison,

For me.

Alhamdulillah paper was easy.... all my answers match the above :)
what was the hazard and the hazard level?