• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology paper 61... DONE

How was the exam?

• Great

Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Good

Votes: 10 21.3%
  • Good and Bad

Votes: 20 42.6%
  • BAD!

Votes: 5 10.6%

• Total voters
Reaction score
It just had 2 questions! :D Though they in many parts :/ But it was quite a simple paper...simpler than the other years :)

Reaction score
wth ws the tally chart ......i jus messd up in dat nd wt ws the diametr of the onion stem thngy.......we shudve measurd vertically or horizntlly???

Reaction score
wth ws the tally chart ......i jus messd up in dat nd wt ws the diametr of the onion stem thngy.......we shudve measurd vertically or horizntlly???
It doesn't matter if it's vertical or horizontal.. it's a circle so horizontal or vertical will give the same measurement.. there has to be a range of measurements in the mark scheme because it wasn't a proper circle,,

Reaction score
*PHEW*
wt abt the tally chart .....it totally got me........nd wt wud be the answer fr the shape of histogram the last question?

Reaction score
*PHEW*
wt abt the tally chart .....it totally got me........nd wt wud be the answer fr the shape of histogram the last question?

That histogram question ffs. It was only 1 mark but I think I got it wrong.. I wrote natural selection.
But the answer was "variation among the species caused this type of shape" .. Thats what the smartest girl in my class wrote :S

Reaction score
when u had to measure the diameter was it the total diameter or just the inside part i got 57 wat did u guys get?

Reaction score
in the tally chart u had to put four lines and a line through them which showed five values recorded for eg |||| and then a / through them all

Reaction score
what was the answer for the last question?(the one they ask to suggest the graph)

Reaction score
That histogram question ffs. It was only 1 mark but I think I got it wrong.. I wrote natural selection.
But the answer was "variation among the species caused this type of shape" .. Thats what the smartest girl in my class wrote :S
wrote that as a wild guess in the last few seconds!!! hope its right!

Reaction score
what was the answer for the last question?(the one they ask to suggest the graph)

Er I wrote natural selection , some other girl in my class wrote "there was variation amongst the worms" .
Her answer seems correct :S

Reaction score
The most obvious answer for me was : age difference, I went through the whole questions 3 times just to make sure they didn't say "of same age" or "same maturity"

Reaction score
hey what about the second question when they aske how you could improve the experiment for the onion leaves?

Reaction score
hey what about the second question when they aske how you could improve the experiment for the onion leaves?

I wrote increase duration of experiment since they only left it for 10 mins.
And I wrote repeat the experiment to increase accuracy of results.

Reaction score
I wrote increase duration of experiment since they only left it for 10 mins.
And I wrote repeat the experiment to increase accuracy of results.
Repeat the experiment is only used when numbers are involved, I think. I wrote ensure same size and length, and use larger number of pieces, since he said improve "RELIABILITY" not "ACCURACY"