• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology Paper 61 ANSWERS ARE HERE!!!!!

Reaction score
for the variation one im not really sure but ur answer makes sense to me :) and for the osmosis one, this is my opinion as they are comparing results which means that the difference will be the same if they used the same length for both but longer and longer time

Reaction score
Should we label the white or black area for mesophyll cell?
And the concentration of sugar, we had to mention something to do with colour darkness?
And last question which was 1 mark, what was the answer?
for the benedicts one there is a range of colours from green to yellow if weak and if strong from orange to red.

Reaction score
epidermis is the outside layer :p the black part in the middle i wrote the xylem vessel and for the mesophyl i choosed guard cells not sure about last one :p

Reaction score
epidermis is the outside layer :p the black part in the middle i wrote the xylem vessel and for the mesophyl i choosed guard cells not sure about last one :p
i dont think guard cells are part of the mesophyll layer

Reaction score
in the onion leaf question, what did we have to measure ? The total diameter or the inner part ? I measured the outer part only.

Reaction score
I wrote thoe in improvments :
1-use same temprature for the 3 leafs
2-repeat 2 more times .
is that right?

Reaction score
in the onion leaf question, what did we have to measure ? The total diameter or the inner part ? I measured the outer part only.
I got it 70mm and magnification x14
I think I made it wrong like most of people :( & you did it right but not sure about it

Reaction score
Should we label the white or black area for mesophyll cell?
And the concentration of sugar, we had to mention something to do with colour darkness?
And last question which was 1 mark, what was the answer?
1) label a black cell
2)yes colour darkness
3) It is a form of continuous variation.