• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology Paper 6 (ATP) discussion

Reaction score
basch said:
hey for the drawing, i drew the whole diagram including the epicarp and measured the length from the 2 extremeties of the epicarp to do my calculation? :s Do you think it is correct and wil i lose mark?

You will get the full marks for magnification. Don't worry. ;) [confirmed by my teacher]

Reaction score
@ prince: it can vary from person to person but cambridge wont accept a magnification of 1 where other students got a magnification of about 10....It was clearly mentioned "Draw a large labeled diagram"....

Anyway lets just hope for the best :p:p

Reaction score
@ heshna: Answers from x1 will be accepted as said Mrs.Ramasamy. :p All magnifications will be accepted. May it be the fruit itself over its magnification or the seed over its mag. ;) :p

Reaction score
I'm been thinking about that too. Anyways Hesh, do you still remember the size of your drawing and the size of your image?.. I'm somehow in doubt that your answer is correct. Even if it a magnification of the seed, you should still be getting around x1-3, no matter how big your drawing is. :S

Reaction score
you had to draw the thing that you guys are referring as "air apace"....!!!!!

Reaction score
There can never be an air space in a seed. I know you're talking about the smallest part. That's what I'm also referring to. What are your values?

amy

Reaction score
Abhiyash said:
Pals_1010 said:
But what if the smallest thing is not the seed. If it is the embryo contained in the seed it does make sense.

After all isnt it the embryo that germinates into the plumule and the radicle?

Hey Pals1010 and Prince...
I also drew the smallest part inside...
I thought that this was the germinating part of the seed..
try to see these images and let me have ur idea...
This is exactly what i have drawn :D as well as the labellings!

Reaction score
@ Heshna Hey i got a quite large magnification as well. Around 10. It depends how large u draw it mimmi. The thing is like really small and i used all the space available so it is possible to get around 10. :?