• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

*Biology Paper 5 tips*

Reaction score
hey can anyone explain me how to find E expected value in chi squared test
i know we can find by finding the mean of the observed value what is the other method
cause in nov 11 p53 question two i am not gettin the correct answer! Help!

Reaction score
i need some help with point regarding precations or low risk experiment, what do i write and when do i write it ? i always find a mark for it in mark scheme.

Reaction score
hey can anyone explain me how to find E expected value in chi squared test
i know we can find by finding the mean of the observed value what is the other method
cause in nov 11 p53 question two i am not gettin the correct answer! Help!

The whole test has been explained in the book. In the dihybrid cross, you should get the ratio 9:3:3:1. So it should be like this:

9 (from the ratio)/the number of offspring from the dihybrid cross chart x total number of offspring. Same goes for 3:3:1. I'm not how to explain it here. :/ I myself didn't do anything. Doing it now.

Reaction score
guys do we have to memorize formulas ? like for standard deviation and error , or the formula is mentioned in the question ???

Reaction score
i need some help with point regarding precations or low risk experiment, what do i write and when do i write it ? i always find a mark for it in mark scheme.

You have to always write precautions. Just have a look at a couple of mark schemes. First you have to write about independent variable, followed by dependent variable, standardizing variables, safety and then reliability. You'll get an idea for each experiment if you go through mark schemes.

Reaction score
guys do we have to memorize formulas ? like for standard deviation and error , or the formula is mentioned in the question ???

The formulas are always there as far as I know. I have never memorised them before. :p But you should know what the symbols mean. Also stuff like mean percentage values, probability, null hypothesis etc.

Reaction score
You have to always write precautions. Just have a look at a couple of mark schemes. First you have to write about independent variable, followed by dependent variable, standardizing variables, safety and then reliability. You'll get an idea for each experiment if you go through mark schemes.
okay i tried solving it that way but still didnt get the answers did you do it??