• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology paper 34

Reaction score
Lol. I should laugh at myself for what i did.

I got 1:11.5 ratio! And I dont know if it is right or wrong. Most probably it is wrong I guess. I couldnt write the hypothesis but my readings showed a downward trend, so they opposed the given hypothesis.
Btw, I drew the leaf as a hydrophitic one, not a xerophytic one. So how many marks will they deduct? I want to get something like 30 in this paper. If I do Insha'llah my overall grade will be fine. :L

Reaction score
Lol. I should laugh at myself for what i did.

I got 1:11.5 ratio! And I dont know if it is right or wrong. Most probably it is wrong I guess. I couldnt write the hypothesis but my readings showed a downward trend, so they opposed the given hypothesis.
Btw, I drew the leaf as a hydrophitic one, not a xerophytic one. So how many marks will they deduct? I want to get something like 30 in this paper. If I do Insha'llah my overall grade will be fine. :L

one should not be concerned with it being xerophytic or hydrophytic, you just had to draw what you saw.

Reaction score
did you draw what you saw on the slide? how can you draw a xerophyte or a hydrophyte? o_O I don't get it.

Dude! =_= Dont you know the difference between a hydrophitic leaf and a xerophytic leaf?! I see you are not getting what I am saying.! They gave a leaf slide which belonged to a xerophyte. But I couldnt understand that and I understood it as a hydrophite and drew it as a hydrophitic leaf. So what I am asking is. I just drew the layers wrong. So because of this how many marks they will deduct?

Reaction score
Dude! =_= Dont you know the difference between a hydrophitic leaf and a xerophytic leaf?! I see you are not getting what I am saying.! They gave a leaf slide which belonged to a xerophyte. But I couldnt understand that and I understood it as a hydrophite and drew it as a hydrophitic leaf. So what I am asking is. I just drew the layers wrong. So because of this how many marks they will deduct?

dude. you had to draw the layers the way you saw them on the slide, not how you knew them to be 'xerophytic' or 'hydrophytic'. you never draw what you know. you draw what you see. and in plan diagrams , layers are everything. you'll pro'ly get the mark for the labelling.

Reaction score
as long as you draw what you saw on the slide, you CANT BE WRONG. Lol. Unless you just hurried it up and drew from your own imagination, which the examiner catches and punishes anyway :(

Reaction score
i forgot to seperate xylem and phloem, the rest i drew perfectly. alhamdulillah. the cuticle, epidermis, ring of cells, vascular bundle. parenchyma (palisade)

Reaction score
dude. you had to draw the layers the way you saw them on the slide, not how you knew them to be 'xerophytic' or 'hydrophytic'. you never draw what you know. you draw what you see. and in plan diagrams , layers are everything. you'll pro'ly get the mark for the labelling.

-___- DUDE! YOU SERIOUSLY DONT UNDERSTOOD WHAT I SAID! Uff...! A drew what I saw! But dude. everyone is saying that it was a xerophyte.!!!! So if it really was a xerophyte and i didnt draw it. so how much mark will they deduct?

Reaction score
-___- DUDE! YOU SERIOUSLY DONT UNDERSTOOD WHAT I SAID! Uff...! A drew what I saw! But dude. everyone is saying that it was a xerophyte.!!!! So if it really was a xerophyte and i didnt draw it. so how much mark will they deduct?

Why do u care even if others say what you thought wasnt there since u drew exactly what u saw so it doesnt matter if for u it was a hydrophyte or a xerophyte,as you drew what you saw you actually ended up drawing a xerophyte end of the matter :)

Reaction score

How could you draw this when this wasnt in the slide ??? :confused: this one is really different from the slide we had since u drew this u might not get anything or just 1 or 2 marks check the ms for plan diagrams whether they say anything abt the shape and normally they want u to use the EPG to estimate the thickness of layers so if u drew this theres -1 from 5,then here palisade layer is quite thick and epidermal layer is small so another mark gone,there is a mark for layers so im pretty sure u got that one but there is a problem if u drew copy of this diagram your shape of the whole leaf will be horribly wrong im afraid so u might get nothing to 2 marks it all depends on MS and how the examiner marks !

Reaction score
How could you draw this when this wasnt in the slide ??? :confused: this one is really different from the slide we had since u drew this u might not get anything or just 1 or 2 marks check the ms for plan diagrams whether they say anything abt the shape and normally they want u to use the EPG to estimate the thickness of layers so if u drew this theres -1 from 5,then here palisade layer is quite thick and epidermal layer is small so another mark gone,there is a mark for layers so im pretty sure u got that one but there is a problem if u drew copy of this diagram your shape of the whole leaf will be horribly wrong im afraid so u might get nothing to 2 marks it all depends on MS and how the examiner marks !

lol.. i think you are right.. Allah knows best