• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology Paper 32 2012 Discussion. 24 hours have passed.

Reaction score
Was the first question microvilli? I wrote cilia then cancelled it and wrote ciliated cells
But how can the kidney tubules have microvilli it doesn't make sense
Exactly it doesn't make sense so i wrote cilia

Reaction score
What about that question about the differences in pressure in the veins and arteries?

Reaction score
Answer for the first question was microvilli. I was wondering about the question about the monkey thing, what adaptations might it have for living in the dark.
I wrote "It may have a strong sense of hearing and smell to be able to detect prey which it cannot see, and to detect predators as well.

Reaction score
Yeah i wrote something similar to that plus that it has fast reflexes to escape from predators

Reaction score
Reaction score
Answer for the first question was microvilli. I was wondering about the question about the monkey thing, what adaptations might it have for living in the dark.
I wrote "It may have a strong sense of hearing and smell to be able to detect prey which it cannot see, and to detect predators as well.
That's the correct and complete answer.

Reaction score
The first question was microvilli wasn't it? So many people wrote cilia. But I always had in mind that microvilli are finger-like and cilia are hair-like, and the diagram pretty much looked finger-like :D.

Reaction score
Monkey will also have very sensitive nerves in its ears, nose, and palms. It will have very dilated pupils and the retina will have more rods than cones.

Reaction score
The first question was microvilli wasn't it? So many people wrote cilia. But I always had in mind that microvilli are finger-like and cilia are hair-like, and the diagram pretty much looked finger-like :D.
That is an excellent way to remember it. Well done.

Reaction score
Monkey will also have very sensitive nerves in its ears, nose, and palms. It will have very dilated pupils and the retina will have more rods than cones.
Im not sure if they'll accept that, but that question was an observational question , that is , the answer is from what was seen in the diagram and concerning the eyes , they clearly stated that they wanted you to suggest features not related to the eyes. But let's hope they do :).

Reaction score
Was the first question microvilli? I wrote cilia then cancelled it and wrote ciliated cells
But how can the kidney tubules have microvilli it doesn't make sense
Kidney tubules do have microvilli btw, I think it is for the selective re-absorption.