• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology Paper 22 Discussion thread.

Reaction score
InshaAllah, the mark scheme would have multiple answers for the answer, which many gave as fermentation.
MashaAllah, I wrote 'batch production', because antibiotic penicillin is specified in our syllabus, and fermentation is involved in non-antiobiotic manufacture too...

Reaction score
it was fermentation.....what did you guys write in the question where they said why the crops offsprings were FEW and SMALLER??

Reaction score
Since so many people wrote biotechnology, I really hope that they accept it. Besides, the antibiotics are a bio product which they excrete, so the answer should be excretion..I mean that's how they're produced :S

Reaction score
Since so many people wrote biotechnology, I really hope that they accept it. Besides, the antibiotics are a bio product which they excrete, so the answer should be excretion..I mean that's how they're produced :S
wat did u write about the one in commercially lupins are produced and have spikes etc

Reaction score
it was fermentation.....what did you guys write in the question where they said why the crops offsprings were FEW and SMALLER??

Mutation has occured making the plants small. Environmental conditions also affect their appearance as the temperature is not appropriate for their growth and lack of sunlight making them small and fewer.

Reaction score
wat did u write about the one in commercially lupins are produced and have spikes etc
Commercial lupins are produced sexually so they have greater colour variations and have more viable seeds, as opposed to wild lupins which are asexually reproduced...or maybe it was the other way round. I can't remember the question. It could've been cross and self pollination (but that was in the greenhouse question)...I really can't remember

Reaction score
how
Commercial lupins are produced sexually so they have greater colour variations and have more viable seeds, as opposed to wild lupins which are asexually reproduced...or maybe it was the other way round. I can't remember the question. It could've been cross and self pollination (but that was in the greenhouse question)...I really can't remember
how can wild lupins be asexually reproduced :p....they reproduce sexually......i wrote abt genetic engineering in tht answer...

Reaction score
wat was the last part of Q6 in section B anyway...I cant remember.

Reaction score
Also no wrries guyz...this year the thereshold will also be low for A*....probably at 88-89% rather than above 90% as it was last year.

Reaction score
how
how can wild lupins be asexually reproduced :p....they reproduce sexually......i wrote abt genetic engineering in tht answer...
I don't know. I thought it was like that wild and cultivated bananas question in the past papers. Actually I'm not sure what I wrote...I keep confusing it with the crops question, which asked us why the plant grown in the large buildings are going to grow less or something

Reaction score
I don't know. I thought it was like that wild and cultivated bananas question in the past papers. Actually I'm not sure what I wrote...I keep confusing it with the crops question, which asked us why the plant grown in the large buildings are going to grow less or something
yeah....so i am nt the only one who was confused overthere ...again a huge sigh of relief.

Reaction score
yeah....so i am nt the only one who was confused overthere ...again a huge sigh of relief.
Lol :p lupins can be asexually reproduced btw...says so on google. Yeah the question asked why there's a wider variety of colors, so that's the first thing that sprang to my mind, especially after doing the cultivated and wild bananas question just a day before the exam :p

Reaction score
Also no wrries guyz...this year the thereshold will also be low for A*....probably at 88-89% rather than above 90% as it was last year.
What? People got a 100% overall last year, like without the percentile? There are 3 people from my school who got a distinction :O

Reaction score
What? People got a 100% overall last year, like without the percentile? There are 3 people from my school who got a distinction :O
a 100% perfect score has never been recorded in the history of biology...highest score ever recorded was about 98%