• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology paper 11 and 31 Tip's

Reaction score
I'm doing 12 and 32 and that's going to be an AM session on Thursday. For maths, we asked our principal and he said that many people from other schools are also complaining about how paper 42 was hard. I think the grade boundaries are going to be low this year. (I hope.)
And I think variant 1, 2 and 3 all have different questions so it doesn't matter when the exam is taken. Like you may have paper 11 at PM and I may have paper 12 at AM, it wouldn't matter anyways. But all people taking the same variant have to do the exam at the same time so that nobody can cheat or get the questions before the exam.

Reaction score
iF YOU ARE FROM PAKISTAN DO U CONTACT ME ON [email protected] to get suggestions hints abt paper 11 and paper 31 (Biology IGCSE 0610) And do send me your contact number and facebook link tooo!! For those who are giving biology in Pakistan for may juen 2015 only THANKS!

Reaction score
Hi guys! Are epithelial cells and goblet cells the same? If not, can u help define each of them? Because my book says the villus is covered w goblet cells but the mark scheme to qp32 M/j 2014 BIOLOGY says they are epithelial cells (it is in question 5b).
Many thanks!

Reaction score
Hi guys! Are epithelial cells and goblet cells the same? If not, can u help define each of them? Because my book says the villus is covered w goblet cells but the mark scheme to qp32 M/j 2014 BIOLOGY says they are epithelial cells (it is in question 5b).
Many thanks!

No i dont think they are the same because goblet cells are specialized epithelial cells, they usually secrete mucus, present in stomach lining, trachea , intestines. These cells are scattered in the epithelial lining of certain organs like mentioned above. Also epithelial cells are those that line the upper surface of the organs (form the epithelium) and in books too they have said goblet cells are specialized epithelial cells so in this way i dont think we can call both of them the same. Also villus is covered with epithelial cells in which there are specialized cells called goblet cells that secrete mucus.

Check on internet once again if u got doubts.

Reaction score
No i dont think they are the same because goblet cells are specialized epithelial cells, they usually secrete mucus, present in stomach lining, trachea , intestines. These cells are scattered in the epithelial lining of certain organs like mentioned above. Also epithelial cells are those that line the upper surface of the organs (form the epithelium) and in books too they have said goblet cells are specialized epithelial cells so in this way i dont think we can call both of them the same. Also villus is covered with epithelial cells in which there are specialized cells called goblet cells that secrete mucus.

Check on internet once again if u got doubts.
I expect that food tests are surely gonna come in p3 because there weren't any in p6 !! What do u think??

Reaction score
I'm not that worried about 11 but 31 will be kind of hard. I got A*'s in both of my mocks but with the new tests cambridge is giving out i don't know what I'll score hehe

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
So here comes Biology paper 11 & 31
Well General Advise in Paper 11 As my Opinion is to Just read the Book and do Pastpapers
while Doing pastpapers of paper 11 Just Concentrate on the Specific Question
While in paper 31 just Read the Book and Use Guides and Other Types of Notes as well
Some Important Topic's Are
Ecology,Transport in Plant's as well as In Human's,Variation, Selection, Inheritance and most importantly
Classification
Well Best of Luck Guy's
And Most Importantly Pray For Me
Hi, how was ur exam??